Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
T9001
Star
Star

I need to add rules to the "Armed" mode, so that camera A will trigger camera B.

I know I can create a custom mode, but the IFTTT channel doesn't let you use custom modes, only "Armed" and "Disarmed".

I need to have the cameras trigger each other due to the lag. So motion on either will trigger recording on both.

Any help?

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

goto MODES, click on devices, pick ARMED and click the edit pencil

pick CAM A and then edit it to set record on CAM B, etc

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
T9001
Star
Star
Thanks, but this does not work. I can change A to record on Cam B, but then I need to ADD a rule for A to record on A as well. I need to add rules to the default "Armed".
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Much better idea to create your own modes and leave Armed alone for backup and troubleshooting.

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

TomMac wrote:

goto MODES, click on devices, pick ARMED and click the edit pencil

pick CAM A and then edit it to set record on CAM B, etc

I don't think the default Armed mode can have rules added to or deleted from. It's somewhat of an odd beast that's best left alone, because it automatically adds a rule if you add a new camera, and takes the rule away again when you take the camera away. I think it also changes recording durations and/or sensitivities. People have reported making changes to the rules in the Armed mode only to have them reset after a while again. I never tested this myself.

As already recommended, create your own custom Armed mode and forget about the default Armed mode.

T9001
Star
Star

Thanks, however, as I mentioned in the op, IFTTT only uses the default "Armed" and "Disarmed". So I have to use "Armed", I cannot use a custom mode. But it appears "Armed" isn't useable as I can't customise it properly. Any other suggestions?

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

T9001 wrote:

Thanks, however, as I mentioned in the op, IFTTT only uses the default "Armed" and "Disarmed". So I have to use "Armed", I cannot use a custom mode. But it appears "Armed" isn't useable as I can't customise it properly. Any other suggestions?

Right. Seems like a shortcoming of the IFTTT functionality. Until the features around IFTTT haven't been improved I don't see a solution.