Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Homekit token reset

zmit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

I successfully added my smart hub to homekit once, but I had to re-do the homekit setup. Now I am stuck at the "Devices found" stage of the hub's homekit section. Reading around the community pages it seems like I need to get a token reset to be able to re-add the hub to homekit. Can you please push one to the hub associated with this account?

Thanks

137 REPLIES 137
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

Baron81
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally found an open topic! So many marked as solved! I also need another token reset sent to me after 6 months of working it’s now stopped again!

thank you!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

Guitarguy0124
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I get you to reset the token for our base station. I just spent an hour with support and the guy had no idea what I was talking about. The main user on the account is my dad, 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Guitarguy0124 wrote:

Can I get you to reset the token for our base station. I just spent an hour with support and the guy had no idea what I was talking about. 

Best not to post email addresses publicly.

Are you certain you were talking to Arlo support?  The only way to reach them is via the support center in the app.  

Guitarguy0124
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. I was talking to their product support in the app quoting them everything from these threads and he still insisted he couldn’t do anything to the hub.

Can you not reset it like so many others have had theirs reset in these threads?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Guitarguy0124 

Guitarguy0124
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just out of curiosity. How do you know which hub is mine as it isn’t assigned to my account. I am just an add-on user.

Ribeye
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need reset token sent. Unable to connect to homekit after app update.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Guitarguy0124
Aspirant
Aspirant

The token reset didn’t work. It would be so much easier if I could just get the HomeKit setup code. Is there no way of looking that up?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We do not have the codes for the Homekit set up. Try logging out and logging back in and then setting up Homekit. If that does not work you will need to reset the basestation fully and then set up up without the code.

amxing
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Arlo,

My hub station required a token rest as well. Thanks.