Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
MacAddict64
Follower
Follower

I bought a Camera set yesteray at Costco with a VMB3500 base and Arlo Pro 2 cameras. The costco site says it is Homekit compatible, but it doesn't work. Is the update for the firmware of the base ready to ship, or should I return the set?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

As speedracer43 mentioned, HomeKit is currently compatible with VMB4000 and VMB4500 Base Station. We have informed the team regarding the misinformation that is shown on Costco. We apologize for the inconvenience given and we appreciate letting us know about this.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
speedracer43
Apprentice
Apprentice

I bought the same kit. Arlo's site and press release say that only VMB4000 & VMB4500 base stations are compatible at this time. I am scratching my head as to why Costco is saying it is HK compatible on their spec page. I am thinking it goes back.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

As speedracer43 mentioned, HomeKit is currently compatible with VMB4000 and VMB4500 Base Station. We have informed the team regarding the misinformation that is shown on Costco. We apologize for the inconvenience given and we appreciate letting us know about this.

mtravisano
Aspirant
Aspirant

Me too on the Costco Arlo Homekit. Definitely frustrating.  Besides the mixup, it would be great to know if there are plans on adding homekit for this device at some point.  Or if I should try something else.

Thanks,

Dblsl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I, too, bought the Costco Arlo Pro 2 package. The Arlo website states that Arlo Pro 2 is equipped for HomeKit. This one has no code or any info about HomeKit and it does not show that option in my app even after firmware update, restart, and reinstalling the app.

Can Arlo clarify whether this model is simply never going to work with HomeKit?

snordstrand
Guide
Guide

You don’t need to feel bad about your base station not working with HomeKit. I have the VMB4000 and have tried for 6 weeks to get it to work, but can’t get past the uncertified accessory error. My support request was “escalated” in early August, but they don’t even respond to my requests for an update. Time to move on to another system.