Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Homekit pop up / alert since last app update - annoying

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Linusl
Luminary
Luminary

Since last update supporting homekit I get this homekit is supported pop up every time I go into settings in my ios app "Homekit settings - Turn on icloud keyring in settings...". Extremely annoying. I do not care for homekit at all and do not need to be reminded you have added support for this everytime I go into settings.

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Linusl,

Could you provide a screenshot that shows this?

Linusl
Luminary
Luminary

Heres the requested screenshot. This pops up everytime I go into settings (latest ios and latest arlo app). 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Have you tried rebooting your iPhone to see if that helps? You could also try reinstalling the Arlo app to see if that helps as well.

Otherwise, you may need to refer to Apple Support Team if that message keeps popping up by clicking on the link.

nthawkeye
Aspirant
Aspirant

What does Apple support have anything to do with this annoying popup that comes from the Arlo App?  

I'm on the same boat. Every time I go into the settings of any of my cameras, I get this annoying popup trying to force me to setup my homekit setup.  I do NOT want homekit used for my arlo cameras.  I do NOT want any of my camera footage or settings stored in Apple's iCloud.  Why is Arlo forcing us to do this?  I choose this word because so far, Alro's support has not offered any other alternative other than using homkit, or getting annoying over and over and over again by their own app.  

I've poored in over $1000 dollars into Arlo's pocket book to be annoyed?  Seems a bit strange. 

spoons10696
Guide
Guide

I keep getting this ANNOYING popup aswell.  Arlo fix it!