Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

HomeKit stops working after iOS15 Update

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jpegler
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
My Arlo cameras have been working happily in HomeKit for some time now. Since upgrading to the latest iOS(15.0) the cameras disconnected and would not re-connect.

I see numerous posts here with JamesC sending new tokens to the base stations, but not sure if this is the issue this time.

Hoping some light can be shed on this one. Running latest Arlo app version on iOS and just get the white please wait page when I try and re-add (removed from HomeKit, power cycled etc)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I've sent a token reset request to your base station since you said you're trying to re-add your Base Station to HomeKit. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online. Then make sure that you have the latest version of the Arlo iOS app and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

See if that works and let me know if the issue still persists.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Jpegler,

Are you having issues when trying to view your cameras through the Arlo iOS app? What error are you seeing when trying to view your cameras through the Apple Home app?

Jpegler
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi JessicaP,

Thanks for your reply. The Arlo iOS app has no issue displaying the cameras. HopeKit however became disconnected from the cameras after the update to iOS15 (cameras showing offline and hub was also offline).

I removed the hub from HomeKit and tried to re-add from the Arlo app, but it just sits there on the scanning page and does not progress.

So now my HomeKit does not have any Arlo cameras or hubs installed.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I've sent a token reset request to your base station since you said you're trying to re-add your Base Station to HomeKit. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online. Then make sure that you have the latest version of the Arlo iOS app and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

See if that works and let me know if the issue still persists.

Jpegler
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi JessicaP

Thank you so much for your help, it added straight away.

How likely is this to happen in the future?