Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

HomeKit Certified or Not

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
MHFreyNH
Tutor
Tutor

I have an Arlo Pro 2 Base Station VMB4500 with 4 VMC4030P cameras.  The Apple web site states these should be compatible with Apple HomeKit, https://www.apple.com/ios/home/accessories/#section-camera, but in the iOS Apple HomeKit app the cameras show as "This accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with HomeKit."  

What it the actual HomeKit status on the Arlo Pro 2 Base Station VMB4500 and VMC4030P cameras?

Thank you for your help

Mike

13 REPLIES 13
tahonezz
Tutor
Tutor

I'd also like to know the status of the arlo HomeKit certification

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @MHFreyNH

Have you tried to contact apple support regarding this?

sr20driven92
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am seeing tis same thing. The cameras are working, but under the settings it say they are not certified. It also says this for the base station. I am a little irritated about this. I am wondering if Apple is withholding certification because the do not function with Apple Secure Video. 

sr20driven92
Aspirant
Aspirant
sr20driven92
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just wanted to add photos showing the Homes apps certification listing for the Arlo bridge and cameras.

tahonezz
Tutor
Tutor

and from the apple site it says they are supported and links go to arlo's web site for purchase

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 4.47.21 PM.png

tahonezz
Tutor
Tutor

i also have not been able to find any support from apple for HomeKit to begin the conversation with them 😞

MHFreyNH
Tutor
Tutor

I posted on the Using iPhone Apple Community, but no response.  There is no place on the Apple web site or communities to ask for HomeKit support.  It appears that certification and support are the responsibility of the vendor not Apple.

brettdoc
Tutor
Tutor
Did this ever get sorted out For anyone? Having the same issue.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @brettdoc

Can you provide more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing?

I have provided an article with more information about connecting cameras to HomeKit  How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

brettdoc
Tutor
Tutor
I am able to add my base station and cameras to HomeKit but when I view the base station “hub” in HomeKit it says the device is not HomeKit certified. I’ve attached the message I get when adding the device. You can also see in one of the previous posts what it looks like in HomeKit after adding the Base station and trying to view it.
sr20driven92
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine does the same thing. Someone told me I should email support, and they would fix it. I have not yet.
brettdoc
Tutor
Tutor
Good luck. No success with that here.