Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Grant access accepted but no shared camera

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TnT4594
Aspirant
Aspirant

Even though my side is showing my wife has been accepted with all cameras with a checkmark

no shared cameras are found on my wife's dashboard

But she gets the activity notification on her phone (when she clicks on the notification she gets nothing)

Please someone tell me what I'm doing wrong

10 REPLIES 10
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Arlo is forcing all new account holders to use a dis functional app hence the problem.

If you still have the functional app, granted users will only be able to share cameras with those still using the old app and the dis functional app users will only be able to share with new user accounts.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TnT4594 wrote:

Even though my side is showing my wife has been accepted with all cameras with a checkmark

no shared cameras are found on my wife's dashboard

But she gets the activity notification on her phone (when she clicks on the notification she gets nothing)

Please someone tell me what I'm doing wrong

Does your account also have "Dashboard" and "Feed"?

Or does it have "Library" instead?

TnT4594
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have Library on my app.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

If you’re partner has “feed” instead of “library” then the two apps are no longer compatible and will no longer work together.

If you or you’re partner still has an early version of the arlo account from last year you can use that to grant access to to get it working. This is what I ended up having to do.

If you decide to take up the new app experience to match the new granted user experience, arlo will not allow you to roll it back unfortunately.

TnT4594
Aspirant
Aspirant

I deleted my Arlo app from my iPhone & redownloaded it from the  App store to match my wife's android version

but still shows Library not Feed

Do I have to delete my Arlo account & resubscribe?

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

I can’t say how to do it, when I walk the process it goes nowhere so not a big issue for me as I don’t want to go there anyway. Probably a desktop catcher.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Secure/Getting-wife-setup-on-cameras/td-p/1884218?_ga=2.245071045... 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TnT4594 wrote:

I deleted my Arlo app from my iPhone & redownloaded it from the  App store to match my wife's android version

but still shows Library not Feed

Go into "add device".  Then add either a Pro 5s or a Security system to the account.  Cancel that when you get to the QR code (since you don't actually have either device).  That process will include a step that migrates you to "Feed".

TnT4594
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will this updating (changing) of my app same as my partner fix the problem and let her see the cameras?

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The two most common issues with granted access are trying to not use the new app and not using the pc web browser to accept the invite.

the new app works differently so you will need to rebuild from scratch and learn a new. Some features have been dropped or missing, I imagine arlo rushed it out the door before the EOL policy.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062792/How-do-I-use-the-Feed-in-my-Arlo-account 

TnT4594
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would like to thank everyone for helping me with this matter

I decided to wait a little bit to see if Arlo will fix this problem with a new update (I'm hoping)

More & more I'm regretting about getting Arlo over other security cameras

Thank you all once again