Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Google home won't link

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Dfrost
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can't link with goggle home. It won't go past the agree and link screen. I just get a weird gray circle that will then disappear, but nothing happens.
IMG_20211109_031152.jpg
Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hello, 

This issue should now be resolved, thank you for providing all your feedback.

28 REPLIES 28
Dannybear
Master
Master
Do you have a 2FA notification pop up to enable the google device?
Dfrost
Aspirant
Aspirant
No
scottwlee100
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have this exact same problem. When I click "agree and link" and saids, "please wait" for 1 second and then goes back to the Link Arlo with Google screen. Please help. 

Dannybear
Master
Master
Suggest you contact arlo support to have this investigated further. Could be a arlo backend issue.
Pythagosaurus
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also seeing this same issue when trying to link Arlo to my Google account via the Google Home app on my TCL Pro 20g.
Screenshot_2021-11-12-12-10-48-426.jpg
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

I was not able to replicate this issue with an iOS device. Have you tried any trouble shooting steps?

• Have you tried to remove and reinstall the Arlo & google Home mobile app?
  • reboot your devices?
  • Which version of the Arlo mobile app do you have installed on your Device? 
  • Which version of OS is installed on your device?

scottwlee100
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, the issue still exist. I just did the following:

Uninstalled Google Home

Uninstalled Arlo app

Restarted mobile device

Installed Google Home

Installed Arlo App

Open Google Home and try to link to Arlo device

Below is my device/app information:

Phone: Moto G Stylus 5G

Arlo: v3.5.8_28410 (10/22/21)

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Out of interest, is anyone using the ‘+’ or ‘.’ characters in their gmail address?

Edit: that is e.g.
my.gmail@gmail.com
my+gmail@gmail.com
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello, 

Are you all still experiencing this issue?

Dfrost
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I am. No change in the issue.
Dfrost
Aspirant
Aspirant
CORRECTION! It works now! Yay.
scottwlee100
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was able to link as well, thank you

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the updates, I'm glad to hear it is working for you now!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello, 

This issue should now be resolved, thank you for providing all your feedback.

majanzo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @ShayneS ,

How can I get this resolved for my account. Every time I try to link Arlo to Google Home, I just seeing a "something went wrong error" within Google home after Authorising Arlo to work with Google Home.

Thanks!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@majanzo

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any methods you have previously performed.

majanzo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @ShayneS ,

Here is what I've tried so far:

1. I've tried un-linking Arlo from Google via:

https://my.arlo.com/#/settings/privacy/connected-accounts

2. Factory Reset my Arlo base station and all set up all of my cameras and doorbell from scratch

3. Deleted my Google Home and tried to link from scratch.

4. Created a new Google Home account with a different email account and tried to link Arlo in a brand new Home.

5. Deleted the Arlo Linked Account via Google Account settings: https://myaccount.google.com/u/1/accountlinking?hl=en

6. I've deleted both the Arlo and Google Home Apps from my iPhone and re-installed.

No matter what I try, I still receive "Something went wrong" during the Google Home set up when linking Arlo. 

In the Google Home debug logs, I do see this log entry but no idea what it means:

[2022-02-28 10:33:01.166 am] [Queue: "com.apple.main-thread"] -[AnalyticsLogger logEvent:]:139 <UserAction: QUICK_ACTION_CHIP_CLICKED>
[2022-02-28 10:33:04.323 am] [Queue: "com.apple.main-thread"] -[AnalyticsLogger logEvent:]:139 <AnalyticsEvent, Type: APP_STOPPED>
[2022-02-28 10:33:06.559 am] [Queue: "com.apple.main-thread"] -[AnalyticsLogger logEvent:]:139 <AnalyticsEvent, Type: APP_STARTED>
[2022-02-28 10:33:07.011 am] [Queue: "com.apple.main-thread"] -[AnalyticsLogger logEvent:]:139 <AnalyticsEvent, Type: APP_THEME, Value: 0>
[2022-02-28 10:33:07.016 am] [Queue: "com.apple.usernotifications.UNUserNotificationServiceConnection.call-out"] -[AnalyticsLogger logEvent:]:139 <AnalyticsEvent, Type: CRITICAL_ALERTS_NOTIFICATION_PERMISSION_INFO, Value: 0, Count: 0>
[2022-02-28 10:33:07.016 am] [Queue: "com.apple.usernotifications.UNUserNotificationServiceConnection.call-out"] -[AnalyticsLogger logEvent:]:139 <AnalyticsEvent, Type: NOTIFICATION_PERMISSION_INFO, Value: 0, Count: 0>
[2022-02-28 10:33:09.494 am] [Queue: "com.apple.main-thread"] -[AnalyticsLogger logEvent:]:139 <RealtimeMessageAnalyticsEvent, Type: REALTIME_MESSAGE_RECEIVED>
[2022-02-28 10:33:09.496 am] [Queue: "com.apple.main-thread"] -[AnalyticsLogger logEvent:]:139 <RealtimeMessageAnalyticsEvent, Type: REALTIME_MESSAGE_RECEIVED>
[2022-02-28 10:33:11.954 am] [Queue: "com.apple.main-thread"] [ERROR] -[GSKLegacySession disconnectWithError:]:0 Disconnecting with error: Error Domain=kGSKErrorDomain Code=-83903 "(null)" (desc: , underlying: (null))
[2022-02-28 10:33:14.076 am] [Queue: "com.apple.main-thread"] [ERROR] -[GSKLegacySession disconnectWithError:]:0 Disconnecting with error: Error Domain=kGSKErrorDomain Code=-83903 "(null)" (desc: , underlying: (null))
[2022-02-28 10:33:15.839 am] [Queue: "com.apple.main-thread"] -[AnalyticsLogger logEvent:]:139 <RealtimeMessageAnalyticsEvent, Type: REALTIME_MESSAGE_RECEIVED>
[2022-02-28 10:33:16.090 am] [Queue: "com.apple.main-thread"] [ERROR] -[GSKLegacySession disconnectWithError:]:0 Disconnecting with error: Error Domain=kGSKErrorDomain Code=-83903 "(null)" (desc: , underlying: (null))
[2022-02-28 10:33:19.154 am] [Queue: "com.apple.main-thread"] [ERROR] -[GSKLegacySession disconnectWithError:]:0 Disconnecting with error: Error Domain=kGSKErrorDomain Code=-83903 "(null)" (desc: , underlying: (null))
[2022-02-28 10:33:19.155 am] [Queue: "com.apple.main-thread"] -[AnalyticsLogger logEvent:]:139 <UserAction: HOME_CONTROL_PROVIDER_LINKED>
[2022-02-28 10:33:19.155 am] [Queue: "com.apple.main-thread"] [ERROR] -[HMEAppCoordinator startLinkingFlowWithAgentID:completion:]_block_invoke:1583 Failed to link 3p agent with agentID: arlo-1ae86
[2022-02-28 10:33:20.174 am] [Queue: "com.apple.main-thread"] -[AnalyticsLogger logEvent:]:139 <AnalyticsEvent, Type: OPEN_CHOOSE_AN_ACCOUNT_VIEW>

I have a ticket opened with Support but it doesn't seem to be getting far unfortunately. Not sure if this can be escalated to the Development team, as it seems quite a complex problem or bug?

Thanks!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

eddie2ooo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am guessing this is still an ongoing issue. I’ve tried all of the steps described above and get Something went wrong, try again later message when trying to relink Arlo account. Any help?
majanzo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I eventually had Arlo support fix this from their backend. You need to chase the Arlo support team to have your account fixed
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@eddie2ooo

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any methods you have previously performed.

eddie2ooo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried resetting Google hub; removing Arlo as a linked service (after which I was no longer able to relink it again). Signing out of Arlo, resigning back to Arlo.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks @eddie2ooo

Do you mind trying one more time via the provided the article below and prove a screenshot of any error messaging. I will have someone look in to this report for you. 

https://kb.arlo.com/000055108