Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Arlouser78
Guide
Guide

Arlo casting to google chromecast is intermittent and slow. Ussually says stream unavailable or streams black screen. Please fix

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We want to let everyone know that the original Arlo Wire-Free camera should now work with Google Assistant. We appreciate everyone's patience regarding this.

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42
TravE35
Initiate
Initiate
Any idea when streaming to Chromecast via Google Assistant will be available on the original Arlo wire free cameras. Fairly disappointed that this wasn't rolled out with all the other models.

I'm sure Arlo want to try and have as many customers upgrading their model of camera. There are a lot of us who adopted the use of Arlo cameras very early when there were others on the market much cheaper. Don't forget about the customers that backed your product from the start.
The other cameras are still on the market!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TravE35,

I do not have an ETA on when google assistant integration will be available for Arlo Wire Free cameras. For more information on google assistant, take a look here: How do I connect my Arlo cameras to the Google Assistant app?

JamesC

Jimmyfriend
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could someone please tell me if the Arlo first gen camera will be supported on google Assistant?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jimmyfriend,

No, the original Arlo Wire-Free cameras are not currently supported. For more information, take a look here: How do I connect my Arlo cameras to the Google Assistant app?

JamesC

FuzzyWolf
Star
Star

If I upgrade the base station to the newer ones will it be supported? Or would I just need to upgrade to the newer arlo pro cameras?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Edit - inapproriate answer.

It's the cameras that need to be supported, not the base stations. At least, that's how I interpret it.

SebasHome
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently purchased a Google Home mini and was going to purchase an Arlo doorbell, however, I found out the original Arlo is currently unsupported for casting and am waiting to find out if there are any plans for added support.

Tyrbaca
Initiate
Initiate

Make them compatible with google home and cromcast

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @SebasHome,

We currently do not have any ETA of when the original Arlo Wire-Free camera will have Google Assistant support. Keep an eye on our website or community for any information regarding this.

RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@Tyrbaca wrote:
Make them compatible with google home and cromcast

It is compatible now if you have a Smart Things Hub.

-Robert
hk33
Initiate
Initiate

When are the first gen Arlo users going to get the gratification of a firmware update to be able to sync with Google Home?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

hk33
Initiate
Initiate

Dear Arlo Employee,

I believe this is less of a new idea and more of a consumer demand.   Or is it time to cancel my Premium subscription?

K6perna
Initiate
Initiate
Make the orginal Arlo compatible with Google Assistant. That way it works with Google hub.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Arlouser78,

What Arlo camera are you using to cast on your Google Chromecast?

Arlouser78
Guide
Guide
Arlo wireless
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If you are referring to the Arlo Wire-Free camera, this camera is currently not supported with Google Assistant.You can read more about our Google Assistant and Arlo cameras here: How do I connect my Arlo cameras to the Google Assistant app?

Arlouser78
Guide
Guide
Then why do you claim they are
Here:
https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo/default.aspx
Arlouser78
Guide
Guide
If i click on your link to the cameras you posted it says they are supported
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for the notice about that. I have forwarded this information to our team and they are currently looking into this. Once we hear a proper confirmation, we will be sure to let the community know. Thanks again for your patience and understanding!

Arlouser78
Guide
Guide
Seems to me that its time for a firmware update. They work on google assistant and chromecast, just not reliably. Purchased this equipment as a package and did my reasearch about compatibility. As stated before... please fix!
Vik1471
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, I have the Arlo pro 2 wireless cameras. VMS3330 is the model number here in the UK. I could not get the cameras to stream the video on Google home. I contacted Arlo support who said it is not supported on the wireless range... which is a shame.
Vik1471
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just found this link online which suggests the wireless model does link with Google home...

https://www.tink.us/arlo-smart-security-system3-plus-ghm

This is all a bit confusing now?!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our development team is aware of the situation and is currently investigating the problem. We will be sure to update the community once we hear more information regarding this. We appreciate your patience and understanding.