Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Locutus73
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi,

I have a VMB4000r3 base station on 1.14.1.1_2913_78b18 firmware, five Pro (H8) cams on 1.092.0.23_32920 firmware and one Pro 2 (H6) cam on 1.125.8.0_19174 firmware.

I succesfully added the basestation and the cams to HomeKit, but, while I can succesfully stream live video and audio with the Pro cams, with the Pro 2 I get only video and no audio. This both on iOS12 and 13.

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Locutus73
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JessicaP 

Thanks to the fantastic Amazon support (the contrary of yours which finally contacted me asking if I still had issues without providing me any guidance to solve the problem) I replaced the Pro2 camera: the new one sounds louder in the native app (the previous had sound in the native app, but lower) and I finally can hear sound in HomeKit live video (the previous one was totally mute).

Regards.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Locutus73,

Is this happening through the Arlo app as well? Or is this only HomeKit? And have you tried on different iOS devices?

Locutus73
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JessicaP Hi.

With Arlo native iOS app and web app I get perfectly working audio both on live stream and recordings.

I tried HomeKit live video (and got no audio) on a iPhone SE with both iOS 12 and 13, an iPad Air with iOS 12 and a MacBook Air with macOS 10.14 Mojave: no audio with all of them.

The Pro2 camera is nearly at the same distance (actually closer) than a Pro one which gives me audio with HomeKit. I get no audio with the Pro2 even if I put it near the basestation.

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

You may want to try removing the device from the Home App and re-adding it on. But I would highly suggest first to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Locutus73
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JessicaP Oh my, the infamous and useless remove, add, reboot, repeat dance... yes I tried it and it didn’t work.

And I already contacted the support through chat and they told me to, guess what? Follow the instructions to remove, add and reboot they were going to send me through email... I never received any email from support...

Basically I’m on my own apart from remove, add, reboot and hope...

Regards.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Sorry to hear you haven't heard back from the support team. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Mar73
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issues with PRO camera , no audio with homekit but ok with Arlo app native.

no way to have it working with audio..

I've already contacted the support without any kind of useful support.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Mar73,

You mentioned that you contacted the support team. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Locutus73
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JessicaP 

Thanks to the fantastic Amazon support (the contrary of yours which finally contacted me asking if I still had issues without providing me any guidance to solve the problem) I replaced the Pro2 camera: the new one sounds louder in the native app (the previous had sound in the native app, but lower) and I finally can hear sound in HomeKit live video (the previous one was totally mute).

Regards.