Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Feature Request: Offline Camera Notification

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ScoobyLovesJazz
Follower
Follower

Hello

I have had my Arlo for about a week and am pretty happy with it, however I noticed one small improvement that could be made and was wondering if anyone else felt the same way. 

Today my camera (only one on the system for now) went offline for some unexplained reason (batteries are fine - everything came up nicely after I power cycled the base). Not really a big deal other than I didn't know about it untill I went to check my camera this afternoon.

It would be nice if there could be a camera offline notification either via the app or at least exposed to IFTTT like the low battery notification.

Anyways, it is just a thought.

John

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Agreed , it would be nice to get an email,etc when the base goes down..

check here, I believe it was requested, if found add kudos( if not add )... more kudos more likely to happen.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
LovelyNot
Apprentice
Apprentice

I use a free account from statuscake for that. I have it check some netgear URLs and login, and then check for a string on the loaded site.

Which also proves how often their service is down, by the way.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Interesting - hadn't heard about this.  Mind sharing more details about what you do and how?  Thanks.

LovelyNot
Apprentice
Apprentice

You go to statuscake.com and enroll for a free account and free monitoring.

You then pick the sites you would like to monitor and they send you an alert (SMS or email) when it's offline/down.

I've had this active for arlo.netgear.com and a couple of arlos3-prod-z1.s3.amazonaws.com server addresses.