Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BerelAholTzvi
Follower
Follower

I was trying to have SmartThings control Arlo. Every time SmartThings would run an automated routine it would change the Arlo mode form SmartThings to disarmed. I went back to geofencing.

I also have IFTTT routines that will arm cameras for night but not return to geofencing mode.

How can I either use SmartThings without changing to disarmed or run an IFTTT applet and return to geofencing when the cameras shut in the morning?

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi BarelAholTzvi,

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

DaWeav
Guide
Guide

I have a trick that works for me.

First, I open the Arlo app and set the Arlo Base Station to the mode I want. I have mine in Geofencing mode.

Second, once the Arlo app is set to the mode I want, I then power cycle the Arlo Base Station. I have my Arlo Base Station connected to a SmartThings SmartPower outlet so I can toggle it off in SmartThings. I then have a SmartThings Automation that runs when this SmartPower outlet is turned off to turn the SmartPower outlet back on automatically after waiting 10 seconds.

When I do this, my Arlo Base Station stays in the armed mode I've selected while I use various SmartThings Automations and SmartApps to turn on and off the cameras.