Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Doovde
Aspirant
Aspirant

Auto live view when motion detected by Essential Spot Light (VMC 2030) has stopped working after a year of no problems

I have tried:

Skill linking - unlinking 

Router reboots

Echo reboots

camera reboots

Alexa command to view the camera - works fine

rebuilding the routine from scratch

testing the routine from Alexa - works fine

Arlo detection notifications on Arlo app works fine 

checked to see that VMC 2030 is still supported - it is

it just doesn't work anymore even when the Essential is plugged into power. I tested an old Arlo Q with the same routine and it auto live views on Echo Show just fine when motion is detected

may be I'm missing a trick, appreciate any help/ideas/fixes

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support through the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Doovde
Aspirant
Aspirant

they were unable to fix the problem however I fixed the problem yesterday myself quite accidentally please inform the Arlo Skill team that auto live view only works when there is no activity zones so that needs to be fixed.

here's what happened: I deleted all activity zones after repositioning the camera and before I could set up new activity zones, the postman arrived and it triggered my Arlo routine sending a live view to my Echo Show.

Currently I have no activity zones and had to tune down sensitivity to 35 so Arlo doesn't trigger alerts and send live view to Echo Show of people walking past on the street

What I know for certain is the Arlo skill won't send a live view if there is 2 or more activity zones and I suspect my auto live view problem started when I added more zones.