Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
loe
Aspirant
Aspirant
40 minutes on a call to be told this is a known issue. Well, I know it is an issue, what I want Arlo to do is fix the issue that has been ongoing for over a month. Will keep it a week and if it doesn’t work I’m gonna go back to using the Ring doorbell; at least their customer support resolves things quickly.
4 REPLIES 4
skingspan
Luminary
Luminary

Not sure if you have tried this already but there is a Doorbell Press option that you need to enable under Device settings in the Alexa app in order to get this to work.  Ir works pretty well on my system with two doorbells.  I get different announcements for each doorbell.

--------------------------------------------
https://wickedsmarthome.blogspot.com/
loe
Aspirant
Aspirant
So the response from Arlo after 30 minutes on the phone and 2 emails to them has been:
1) do you still have the problem?
2) we know you still have the problem
3) we cannot fix the problem
4) does the fact that we cannot fix the problem, fix the problem?

So, the conclusion is that Arlo customer support is as useful as a broken doorbell.....buy a Ring people!
martinhj
Apprentice
Apprentice

I cannot get the doorbell to announce on Alexa at all despite following all the instructions and reinstalling the skill

georgebala
Aspirant
Aspirant

I love the Arlo Pro cameras but the doorbell doesn't feel right. I'll keep for a bit longer and then I'll probably switch either to Ring Pro or Ring 2.