Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
lacoeur
Aspirant
Aspirant
Today or yesterday all of my Ifft commands stopped working. I tried cycling the base station as well as removing Arlo and tried toe-in it to Ifft (got an error message on the re-add).
What's going on?
14 REPLIES 14
SmartHomeDK
Guide
Guide

Same happened for me. Really annoying when the Geofencing Schedule from Arlo isn't working. I really liked my workaround with IFTTT.

SmartHomeDK
Guide
Guide

Just checked IFTTT again and it seems like it's up and running again. I reactivated both applets (on/off) and it works.

/K

Stephs_net
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just tried the record every hour using the IFTTT date/time trigger and it failed.  So IFTTT is linking to Arlo account but not all advertised the functionality is there.  I have not been able to use IFTTT to triger the Arlo Pro 2 cameras to record since 11/2018.  It is not right that the companies do not notify users of an outage for a service they advertize as a feature of their product.  The record via IFTTT feature was a main reason I bought the Arlo Pro 2 system this summer.  

I can only hope that the feature will be fixed soon. 

webdude12
Star
Star

IFTTT / Arlo integration has been broken since Nov 21 (22nd) and support will do nothing to help you out.  If you read the other threads in this forum, you will see you are not the only one with this issue. 

There are several of us that have opened support tickets only to contact support to be told someone will call us back and that never happens.  

The only thing I know to do now, is flood every post about IFTTT integration hoping to get the attention of someone that can help get this resolved. 

SmartHomeDK
Guide
Guide
Hmm... For me it still works with SmartThings - > IFTTT - > Arlo. So IFTTT and Arlo cannot be completely broken. Which scenario are you having troubles with?
Stephs_net
Apprentice
Apprentice

@SmartHomeDK - Please detail which Arlo camera/s you have and what you are doing with them via ifttt and smart things.  I have the Arlo Pro 2 cameras and have not been able to use date/time trigger for recording since 11/20.

Thank you!  Steph

SmartHomeDK
Guide
Guide
I have the Arlo Pro and use SmartThings to trigger a virtual switch. This switch runs an Ifttt flow that sets Arlo in either Armed/Disarmed depending on scenario in SmartThings.
Works perfectly after the small hickup.
ngl1604
Apprentice
Apprentice

Working for me too with Life 360 -> IFTTT -> Arlo 'geo-fencing'.

Stephs_net
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ngl1604 - hi - so you are using IFTTT to arm and disarm the cameras and not to trigger recording ?

ngl1604
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, hooking into Life 360 enables me to Arm when the last person leaves the house and Disarm when the first person returns home - exactly what I was hoping that native geo-fencing would do (but doesn't).

Unfortunately there's no ability (as yet) to choose a custom mode so it's all or nothing.  I'd love to be able to set 'night time' mode automatically at dusk but since IFTTT have yet to enable 'maker mode' I can't experiment with any of my own recipes.

ngl1604
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi @Stephs_net

I've been having a play around and set up the IFTTT applet called 'Record Arlo Camera at a specific time each day.' by guthries.  It ran this morning at the time I configured it for and recorded from my specified camera for the programmed time.

On the face of it, IFTTT seems to be working for me.  Which applet have you been trying to use?

Stephs_net
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ngl1604 interesting.  Do you have a smartplan subscription?

There is a record on the hour applet.  I had been using a custom applet using the Date/Time Trigger with the Arlo Service.

Both have not been working since 11/20/19 despite my efforts to work with tech support and following the ifttt troubleshooting recomendations - removing the arlo service, signing out, restarting base stations, and adding back arlo service in ifttt.

ngl1604
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Steph,

No I don't.  I just have the Basic subscription (at least it was Basic until yesterday when it seems to have been renamed to no subscription at all!)  I'm thinking of subscribing but only once I work out whether I really need to or not...

Stephs_net
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ngl1604 - It is interesting that you don't have a smart plan.  I know another user posted that their use of IFTTT had a problem when they started their Smart Plan subscription. 

I hope that a tech support notices this and fixes it for Smart Plan subscribers.