Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 21 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
vivek283
Follower
Follower

Hi,

I have created an IFTTT receipe to change the mode of my Arlo system if a certain trigger occurs.

I have four cameras and I want to change enable motion sensor on two of them only when this triggers. The problem is that IFTTT only sees "Armed" and "Disarmed" modes that map to the default modes provided by Arlo. The default modes do not allow disabling motion sesnor on any camera.

Can the cutom modes be exposed to IFTTT ? Or can disabling be allowed on the default Armed and Disarmed modes ?

10 REPLIES 10
dmac1
Aspirant
Aspirant

It worked for me.  Maybe it is the recipe in IFTTT you selected?  When I set mine up in IFTTT, the Arlo part of the recipe asked which camera and provided a list of all of my cameras.  I'd start by trying a different recipe.  Hope this helps.

TheRealDaali
Star
Star

vivek283 wrote:

Hi,

I have created an IFTTT receipe to change the mode of my Arlo system if a certain trigger occurs.

I have four cameras and I want to change enable motion sensor on two of them only when this triggers. The problem is that IFTTT only sees "Armed" and "Disarmed" modes that map to the default modes provided by Arlo. The default modes do not allow disabling motion sesnor on any camera.

Can the cutom modes be exposed to IFTTT ? Or can disabling be allowed on the default Armed and Disarmed modes ?

I cannot select custom modes in ARM action.  Only the default ARM/DISARM work.  It really needs to be an option for those of us who use the custom UI to chain events (or let us modify the default ARM MODE 😃 )

kbhit
Star
Star

I agree that IFTTT is of limited value without the ability to support custom modes.  This seems very easy to add, what's the hold up?

chrisbrown
Initiate
Initiate

I haven't found a way to do this either but it would be super useful.

Here is my use case: I setup a stringify flow that I can "snooze" my Arlo cameras when there is a lot of activity going on and I don't want to get a million alerts. I do this because usually when I disable them, I forget to turn them back on.

My problem is that the mode I use most of the time only enables my outdoor cameras, therefore when I try to use IFTTT or Stringify to re-arm the cameras, it turns all of them back on including our indoor cameras even when we're home.

sacha81
Aspirant
Aspirant

same here - I asked via twitter but they told me to ask here for my idea. 

theojcbrown
Initiate
Initiate

Please add custom Modes to the API so that IFTTT and Stringify can pick them up!

David_Johns
Initiate
Initiate

Yes, please add custom modes to IFTTT.  You're already picking up each camera - it shouldn't be much different to get the different modes!  Please.

Geekshot
Initiate
Initiate

I would really like to trigger a custom mode during the day via ifttt from my alarm panel disarm.I dont want everything off or on and timers don't work

DMcCookie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Plus 999
I really want to set my camera back to geofencing - not ON or OFF
Please fix this
Thanks
David
romiller06
Aspirant
Aspirant
+1 for the ability to change modes