Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JC3328
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi There,

I have a simple Arlo Pro 2 2-camera system, I would like to create a custom mode to disarm the system but have one of the camera still detecting motion. However, I have failed to disarm the system, and the siren will sound everytime a motion is detected. 

I have set it to do nothing after detecting motion (including the base station...) but it still set off the siren. 

Any clue?

4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master

So to confirm, you want to have one camera always detecting motion and or sound and to trigger the siren. The other camera set for no action but still viewable with live view. Correct?
The simple approach would be to remove the unwanted camera rule in the armed mode. Then switch between armed and disarmed as required.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As mentioned above....

Any camera NOT in the active mode is OFF

If the system is still acting glitchy, first try a power button reboot of the base.

If still NG, then I would remove the devices and bring back as new.... this will rebuild all the default modes in the system

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JC3328
Aspirant
Aspirant

No... I should have made myself clearer.

I am trying to use the motion detection to trigger a IFTTT command.

So I have 2 camera, one called entrance and one called lounge. I am using geofencing to trigger away and home mode.

Away mode it will get it Armed. With motion detection and siren if detected anything on both camera.

I am trying to create a custom mode for for home mode, I want both camera to be disarm ( no siren triggered) however, the entrance remain the motion detection which I could use to trigger a IFTTT command.

What happen now is that it trigger the IFTTT command with no issue, but set off my siren at the same time.

Any clue?

Dannybear
Master
Master

So in your custom mode rules you do not have the siren device added?
If you do you can delete it. If not you can add it in and disable it to see if it fixes the issue.