Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Connecting VMB5000 to my HomeKit

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mahohn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recent bought a VMB5000 Smart hub so I can have my Arlo integrated into HomeKit. It has no QR or 8 digit code anywhere on the unit. I can see the hub in HomeKit setup, but it wants either QR or 8 digit code. How can I proceed to finish the setup? Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Mahohn,

Try following the steps here if you don't have a setup code: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

Mahohn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, Yes I've already tried that. Disconnected power, reset the unit and tried it multiple times. Any other suggestions? about ready to give up....

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Just to be sure, did you set up your system through the Arlo app (not the Apple Home app) when trying to connect to Apple HomeKit (where the article mentions "To setup an Arlo camera without a setup code")? 

Mahohn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I used the Arlo App and below are screen caps I took. It ends in Arlo App5 picture always asking for QR or 8 digit code. I can never get past this point.

Arlo App.PNGArlo App2.PNGarlo app3.PNGarlo app4.PNGarlo app5.PNG

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We released a new version of the Arlo iOS app, which is version 3.5.10. Could you try updating the app through the iOS App Store and try setting it up again to see if that helps?

Mahohn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi I updated to latest release, still same issue. I’m giving up and sent the unit back this evening, too much hassle. Thanks for your suggestions and assistance.
Mahohn
Aspirant
Aspirant

My issue went unsolved. I gave up and returned the unit. I may consider a more HomeKit friendly camera system in the future.