Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Changing Modes or Arming certain cameras through IFTTT

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
steveski07
Tutor
Tutor

Hey everyone.  First post here as I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on an Arlo camera, which will ideally grow to 4-5 cameras (some wired, some wireless).  I currently use Smart Things and Abode (security system) which all integrate together with IFTTT.  Having a camera system that integrates well with the rest is very important to me.  I did as much research as I could before asking, but I still can't figure out if it's possible to arm certain cameras and disarm others through IFTTT.  From my research it looks like the Arlo system calls them modes and I can set up several modes with the different combination of cameras I want armed/disarmed.  But from my reading, IFTTT doesn't seem to work with the custom modes yet.  Is this true?  

If it is true, then is it possible to arm/disarm each camera individually through IFTTT?  So when I come home, I disarm my alarm and that sends a message to IFTTT to disarm all indoor Arlo cameras, but I'd like the outdoor ones to stay on.  Could I just set up 5 separate recipes so that once it is triggered, each camera gets it's own action?

Basically, I'm just hoping that it's not just all cameras armed or all cameras disarmed through IFTTT.  

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

steveski,

It sounds like this would be possible depending on the alarm you are using. Are there recipes already for your alarm on the IFTTT channel?

I recommend browsing the Arlo IFTTT channel for a recipe that works with your alarm as there are many recipes that may fit your needs: https://ifttt.com/arlo

JamesC

Bearscreek
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have 3 wireless cameras outside and 1 Arlo Q wired camera inside.  As far as I can tell, the wireless cameras are called "base" and are considered to be 1 single unit as far as IFTTT arming and disarming are concerned.  I suspect the Arlo Q cameras may be considered separate because the recipe setup uses the actual name of my device.  I suspect that if I had another Q it would have that one in the list to choose from, but again, I can only choose "base" for the outside cameras, unless that has changed recently.

RichR
Star
Star

Hi,

Any update on IFTTT support for custom modes and/or individual wireless cameras?

Thanks,

Richard.