Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Some customers in Australia and New Zealand regions may be experiencing problems with live streaming and motion recordings not saved to library. We are working to resolve this issue, please see status.arlo.com for the latest information.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kevdliu
Follower
Follower

Hello, 

I recently purchased a set of Arlo Pro cameras and have been having trouble setting it up the way I want. The desired configuration is to have one camera be detecting motion always while have the other two detect motion based on mode. I have a custom mode set up which only turns on one camera and not the other two. Since currently IFTTT does not support triggering custom modes, I wanted to see if I could change the mode via SmartThings. I do not want to use Smart Home Monitor since the extra ST <--> Arlo communication layer adds unacceptable lag. All I want is to be able to change the mode of the base station via SmartThings. Is that currently possible? 

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I don't think you can. You'll also notice that Smartthings mode consists of rules like Camera 1 detects motion and so Camera 2 does nothing. Pretty sure it's designed to work with SHM and that's pretty much it currently.

Back when I did try using it like this, I didn't find any extra lag