Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
emiliosic1
Follower
Follower

I was never able to use HomeKit with Arlo.

Now that the Apple TV app has been discontinued, I tried again to set up HomeKit, but it fails.

- I have been using Arlo cameras since the Pro came out with VMB4000 base station, which has an USB drive on it, then I added a Pro2. Three cameras in total.

Other integrations works:

- SmartThings, IFTTT, Alexa, Google Home work as expected.

HomeKit does not.

I have quite a few HomeKit enabled devices and it's been working fine, except for Arlo.

This week, I reset the base station and added the cameras again.

Now my phone is running iOS 15.1.1 and have AppleTVs through the house.

When I go to the Arlo app, under Base Station -> HomeKit, the Base Station is found right away, click on My Home, select a room, and brings up a card 'Bridge'. Click on Add to Home.

After a few short seconds, the card shows "Unable to Add Accessory". 'This accessory cannot be used with HomeKit'. Then I press OK, and offer to Retry. Regardless of how many times I try, it continues to fail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi emiliosic1, Tmetwally, LandyDriver71,

I've sent a token reset request to your Base Station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your Base Station (remove and reapply power) and allow the Base Station to come back online. Then make sure that you have the latest version of the Arlo iOS app and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LandyDriver71
Aspirant
Aspirant

I believe I need a Token Reset on my VMB4000r3. Both iOS Arlo App and basestation and cameras are up to date. Is there a way to do this yourself? Will factory reset help? Everything was working great with HomeKit and a month ago or so it stopped.

Tmetwally
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I am having the same issue with the same versions, it is just stuck at the "discovering your device please wait" and nothing happens. thanks. 

Tmetwally
Aspirant
Aspirant
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi emiliosic1, Tmetwally, LandyDriver71,

I've sent a token reset request to your Base Station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your Base Station (remove and reapply power) and allow the Base Station to come back online. Then make sure that you have the latest version of the Arlo iOS app and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?