Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jacobcullen
Aspirant
Aspirant

As title says. I opened my alexa app and looked at my device list today and to my surprise there were three new arlo cameras in there that I know are not mine and are not the same name as mine. When I open the arlo app I confirmed I still only have two cameras and they are still named what I called them. Alexa is recognizing the cams but cannot connect to them if I try using the skill for firetv, but curious how could they even have gotten linked in to my alexa device list in the first place? I know for a fact my network is not compromised and all my accounts are secured.

3 REPLIES 3
honestabe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. What exactly is going on? Should I be concnerd and unlink from Alexa? 

SuperDale
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah...I saw this too and have been trying to get answers from Amazon

check out what I've documented/vlogged so far (there's currently 2 videos...working on a third)

https://twitter.com/dalemeredith/status/1095479210368475136 

Jacobcullen
Aspirant
Aspirant

As title says. I opened my alexa app and looked at my device list today and to my surprise there were three new arlo cameras in there that I know are not mine and are not the same name as mine. When I open the arlo app I confirmed I still only have two cameras and they are still named what I called them. free netflix Alexa is recognizing the cams but cannot connect to them if I try using the skill for firetv, tech news but curious how could they even have gotten linked in to my alexa device list in the first place? I know for a fact my network is not compromised and all my accounts are secured.