Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station will not connect to homekit

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
benjaminw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a vmb4000 that i'm trying to hook into homekit, and i'm stuck at the 'Discovering your device. Please wait' screen. I have a doorbell (wired) connected to the base station. Could I get a homekit token reset like the others? I read some other posts and it seems that fixed a lot of them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

benjaminw,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

benjaminw,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

benjaminw
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seems that did not work. I'm very confused. Here are some details that might help:

Firmware: 1.17.1.2_3987_0e6c162

Hardware: VMB4000r3

benjaminw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Funny enough, right after I posted I tried one more time and it worked. I didn't do anything different, phone just sat there for a bit. Thanks for the token reset!

CrazyJitsu
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am also having issues connecting my Smarthub to HomeKit. Can I have a token reset please?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CrazyJitsu,

JamesC

CanadianArloGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I am also having issues with HomeKit Setup. Stuck on Discovering Advice. Could you send a reset token?I don't know how to private message users, so commenting here. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CanadianArloGuy,

JamesC