Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arming via IFTTT for Arlo Pro not working

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
M_v_M
Guide
Guide

I have one wired ArloQ and four wireless Arlo Pros.

Arming them via IFTTT works fine with the ArloQ, but often the Arlo Pros don't get armed (though I can see that the IFTTT event is executed).

It looks like arming usually fails when the Arlo Pros are in Schedule mode, but it works when they are in Deactivated mode.

When they are in Schedule mode and I try to arm via IFTTT I can see the "little man" indication motion sensor in the app switches from gray to black, but the overall mode doesn't change from Schedule to Activated. And motion sensor doesn't work indeed in that state.

Please fix that.

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @M_v_M,

Try to test if your Arlo Pros are working when you are on armed mode. And try to set up the rules again for scheduled mode on your app and also on IFTTT and see if the issue still persists. 

M_v_M
Guide
Guide

Tested the following scenarios with 3 of my 4 Arlo Pros:

1. They are able to detect motion and record when I switch to armed mode manually (from the app or the web interface).

2. They are able to detect motion and record if they have been armed automatically via schedule mode.

3. When switching from disarmed mode to armed mode via IFTTT, they are able to detect motion and record.

4. When switching from schedule mode to armed mode via IFTTT, they don't detect motion and hence do not record. In the Android app it looks like they are in schedule mode (clock symbol with "Deaktiviert" text, which is german for "disarmed" or "deactivated" and the "little man" icon is still gray). In the web interface it looks like they are disarmed regarding the mode ("Deaktivert" text when looking at the mode, no clock icon), but they seem to be armed when looking at the "little man" icon available at the previews as it is black and not gray. Yet, no motion is detected.

M_v_M
Guide
Guide

Just noticed that regarding #4 from above in the web interface there seems to be a contradiction in my case:

On the left where I see the list of (a) the base station of the Arlo Pros and (b) the ArloQ the status text of the base station is "Deaktiviert". Though at the same time when I select the base station from the left I see on the right (which lists the possible modes) that the status is marked as "Aktiviert".

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for the detailed information when testing your Arlo Pro. Could you let me know which applet you are using that is showing this and also send screenshot if you can?

M_v_M
Guide
Guide

I'm using a webhook which triggers Arlo's "Arm" applet (on the right you can see that it has been run):

arlo_applet.png

After it has been run when my Arlo base station has been in "Zeitplan" (aka "Schedule") mode, the web interface https://arlo.netgear.com shows the status as follows (on the left "Deaktiviert", on the right "Aktiviert") and the cameras do not detect motion.

status_in_webinterface.png

If I run the webhook when the base station is in "Deaktiviert" mode, everything works as expected (Arlo Pros get armed,  detect motion and also in the web interface "Aktiviert" status is available on the left and right).

M_v_M
Guide
Guide

Is Arlo Team going to fix this some day? I consider this issue as a severe bug as I am telling the system to arm via IFTTT and (if the system was in Schedule mode) the system won't arm.

M_v_M
Guide
Guide

6 months after reporting this, the issue still exists. Please fix it.