Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Homerjsimpson
Aspirant
Aspirant

BUG/BUG/BUG......

Geofencing works great with system.  It arms and disarms when I leave and return to my house.  With the new feature that allows ALEXA to arm and disarm the system, when you have your system in geofencing mode (in fairness, I have geofencing mode enabled as well as a schedule that even if Im at home during the day and the system is disarmed, between 9:00pm to 8:00am in the morning arm the system not matter if Im here), and try and arm or disarm the system with ALEXA, the echo device says its armed or disarmed but the status never changes.  I have a ticket (Case Number: 42457240) with Arlo opened but the first level tech support people are asking stupid questions like purchase date, place of purchase, Internet speed, and of course try uninstalling and reinstalling..... Did I mentioned I have 20 Arlo Ultra2 cameras and 3 different basestations all running Smart Elite.... Im what you call a power user and Im highly technical.  I troubleshoot before I open tickets, so stop asking stupid questions and start working with your customers.

2 REPLIES 2
Homerjsimpson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Stupid system didn't take my model info... I running all Ultra2 cameras with VMB5000r5 base stations.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Homerjsimpson,

Have you enabled the Assistant PIN on your Arlo account? You will need to enable this feature to arm/disarm your Arlo system. You can read more about it here: What is the Assistant PIN feature and how do I use it?