Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MrSelmer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I have 2 indoor cameras which I would like to Arm through IFTTT as I'm using SmartThings.

I have 1 camera outdoor, which I would like to have motion detected all the time to record anything going on outside.

The problem is that through IFTTT, I can only disarm/arm ALL the cameras.What I'm missing is the option to switch to a customer mode through IFTTT, so I had better control of what is armed and not armed.

Does anyone know how I can have one camera armed all the time (motion detected on, pluged-in), and how I through ITFFF can arm/disarm just two of the three cameras?

2 REPLIES 2
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I have smartthings. Two suggestions. Setup a routine in smartthings that turns the 2 cameras on/off. No need to disarm them, just turn them off (just like a switch). Or setup Arlo Pilot in smartthings, setup a custom mode that arms only the one camera in the Arlo app and have Arlo Pilot change the mode to your custom one automatically based on the event you choose for the trigger. The one camera woud arm and the others not defined in the custom mode would be disarmed.

MrSelmer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. I didn't test the SmartThings<->Arlo integration as I had read it was not very stable. And I THOUGHT that the IFTTT integration would do what I needed done.

I will give the SmartThings integration a try 🙂