Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
trayes77
Star
Star

I am interested in purchasing a Smartthings hub but I want to see if I could use a Smartthings sensor on my front door to activate the base station siren. This way I can use the siren that way rather than having to set it to go off when the camera senses motion. Can anyone confirm whether or not the door sensor can be used with the siren?

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

trayes77,

I have not tested specifically what you are describing however you can find more information on Smartthings integration here:

How do I integrate my Arlo Wire-Free cameras into the Samsung SmartThings app?

What is Samsung SmartThings, and how do I use it with my Arlo cameras?

It may also be useful to take a look at the Smartthings community to see if anyone with Smartthings sensors has made this work: Smartthings Community

JamesC

trayes77
Star
Star
Thank you for the information. I've checked the Smartthings forums and have not found an answer. The provided links also do not provide a clear answer. If hope anyone with Smarthings integration sees this post.
Peterdgreco
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi trayes77, have you found the answer to this. I own an Arlo Pro system, a smartthings hub and a smarttings door sensor. I too want the base station siren to turn on when the door is opened (likely by an intruder)

trayes77
Star
Star
Unfortunately I have not found an answer. I have no desire to purchase the Samsung system only to test it out. Please let us know if you find an answer. Thanks