Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo not connecting to IFTTT. Showing "Could not connect service" red banner on top.

Discussion stats
ct35
Follower
Follower

Trying to set up a few Arlo and IFTTT integrations for the first time, however when I try to connect my account I get a big red banner along the top "Could not connect service." Anybody else having a similar issue or know a fix?

Thanks in advance,

C

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This should no longer be an issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing an issue with IFTTT.

JamesC

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
PaulNZ123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes same problem.

All my Arlo IFTTT applets stopped working in the last day or so "Applet failed"

And same message as you when trying to re-connect them.

Am guessing it is a issue for all uses of IFTTT and Arlo

Johnic
Star
Star
Same issue since this morning
alain688
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here

D4vy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. I have multiple IFTTT applets connected to the Arlo service and all of them stopped working a few hours ago.  Says "There was a problem with the Arlo service".  I tried to remove Arlo within IFTTT and add again, but none of the devices are shown after I reconnect.

imgpsh_fullsize.jpg

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
@JamesC

Any word on when there’s going to be a fix with IFTTT integration?
Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
So apparently the integration with Arlo in IFTTT is not working. Started for me today. Anybody else getting these issues? Unable to arm and disarm with Ifttt actions
Brently
Initiate
Initiate
You're right, the integration is broken. When addition to that, shared clips are not working. This is a very common problem and I'm really tired of it. Will probably send all this stuff back to Costco.
Bryantay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here. Just got everything working great and now the entire service seems to be broken.

wenklaw0042
Guide
Guide

Same here, IFTTT broken!!!

What cheeses me off is Arlo/Netgear don't send out a courtesy email telling users IFTTT isn't working.

I use IFTTT triggers to actually arm and disarm my Arlos, sunset arms the cameras and timed to disarm in the morning and then rearm when I leave the house.  I also have IFTTT triggers in place to send me a text on motion, turn on exterior and interior lights..........All broken and I was blissfully unaware until this morning when I took some rubbish out and set the Arlo off as it hadn't disarmed and it didn't turn on lights etc.

At least send a service status down email to users!!!!!!!

DMcCookie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wish I'd seen this before I disconnected arlo from IFTTT. 

So now I'll have to setup all my recipes again - if it ever comes back online.

Hey Arlo / Netgear - how about an update?

YellowRabbit
Guide
Guide
Same problem... hopefully this is fixed as soon as possible as I heavily rely on my IFTTT recipes to arm/disarm Arlo {sigh}...
jpottaway
Apprentice
Apprentice
Confirm, it’s broken. Was just about to set it up as a replacement for the native apps STILL pathetically buggy geofencing function.
phatjap1
Guide
Guide
Totally agree. Geo. Not working, still/again, ifttt not connecting. I'm finding Arlo useless....it simply records activity and without a notification I have no idea anything has happened until I go into the app and check... Too late.
Rigglybob
Tutor
Tutor

Yes same here, IFTTT integration gone "Error Accessing the Service".

Jayvee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, Arlo IFTTT Service fails since Oct 9, 7:30 PM CEST in both directions.

Jayvee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since the given date IFTTT is not able to communicate with Arlo service anymore. Both directions not working.

IFTTT activity log reports unspecific problems with the Arlo service.

For months no severe problems before.

Please fix asap.

Same issue occurred in 2017 and finally could be resolved with an Arlo bugfix:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/IFTTT-Arlo-not-working/m-p/1520223#M48946

Ohmyoddbod
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same.
I’m a wheelchair user and there have been several attempts at break ins during the night over the last 5 years. When Arlo works properly it’s great and gives piece of mind. I’ve set up each of the 5 cameras so false alerts are very rare. I use ifttt to trigger a light and a buzzer that will wake me at night as the alert doesn’t.
These are not cheap. For the cost they should be more reliable by now. If anything it seems to be getting less stable over time not more. I think the the suggestion that we should be told of an issue effecting service before we find out for ourselves is brilliant. At least we would be more alert ourselves until it’s resolved.
Come on arlo
Rigglybob
Tutor
Tutor

I spoke with Aileen Cambarijan on Arlo Technical Support who confirmed that they are aware of the issue, but that the engineering team has not yet provided any indication of when it will be fixed.  I also asked that they provide some acknowledgement and updates to the community.

the_o
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have same issue as all others.

Did someone get a response from Arlo official support ?

Jayvee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Some older IFTTT messages start dropping in with me...

No realtime connection yet.

wenklaw0042
Guide
Guide
It would appear that Arlo and ifttt is now working in part. Basically I am getting the alerts and various actions are being triggered that should have about 10 hours ago.
Started getting them about an hour ago
Rigglybob
Tutor
Tutor

My cameras are there now in IFTTT and checks are going through again.

Bryantay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep.. seems to be back online... Was just able to connect Arlo to Ifttt and recreate my actions.

phatjap1
Guide
Guide
Also seem to be back online..