Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo keeps disarming itself on both of my base stations

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Jd3v
Tutor
Tutor

I have 2 Arlo base stations. One with 2 camera's and one with 4 cameras linked to different accounts and shared(my account and my wifes account). In the last week both bases keep reverting to disarmed no matter what mode we have them on. I've rebooted/power cycled both bases and tried rebuilding our schedules, but it continues to revert to disarmed.

One of the bases has gone offline a few times as well, but it eventually comes back on by itself or I can power cycle it and it will come back online.

Both bases and camera's have the latest firmware update available through the app. We have these linked to the Amazon Alexa skill and linked to Samsung SmartThings.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Do you use Smartthings mode in the Arlo app?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I guess the first thing is to figure out what it causing them to disarm. I suspect perhaps it's one of the integrations. Temporarily remove the integration to see if it still happens. 

When the base goes offline, what is the LED activity on the base station? All 3 LEDs aren't staying green?

Jd3v
Tutor
Tutor

I haven't been able to check while the device was offline, but will if I see it go off again. 

I'll remove the integrations and see what happens, I know Smartthings recently had a firmware update so maybe that is causing issues.

Jd3v
Tutor
Tutor

I was able to remove the Alexa app, but SmartThings has ended up being a problem. It keeps erroring when I try to remove the arlo device. I looked into it and SmarThings forum says that you basically have to start from scratch if you want to remove the Arlo stuff. I don't have a problem doing that, but it may take me some time.

Since then, one of the devices has started staying armed, but the other still disarms on its own. Any other suggestions that may fix the issue?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Jd3v
Tutor
Tutor

I do have one set up, but never use it. Do I need to remove that to remove arlo from smartthings?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jd3v,

Take a look here for steps on how to remove Arlo from Smartthings: How do I stop using SmartThings and resume using the Arlo app?

JamesC

Jd3v
Tutor
Tutor

@steve_t wrote:

I removed the SmartThings Mode from my arlo (even though I never used it), and the arlo has been staying Armd so far.

This may have fixed the problem. I'll continue testing.

Thanks!

Jd3v
Tutor
Tutor

@JamesC wrote:

Jd3v,

Take a look here for steps on how to remove Arlo from Smartthings: How do I stop using SmartThings and resume using the Arlo app?

JamesC

Those instructions were great. I couldn't find where the Arlo cameras were in any of my scenes, but I guess they didn't have to be. Just being added as a thing was preventing me from removing the arlo smartthings integration.

Thanks!