Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo essential spotlight and apple homekit

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
GuntherV
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all, can someone confirm that the arlo essential spotlight camera’s work with apple homekit? On this forum I found an announcement that they do, but on the Arlo website they are not listed in the compatible devices. So I’m a little bit confused. Kind regards, Gunther

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

While these cameras are not compatible with HomeKit as standalone devices, Arlo Essential, Essential XL and Essential Spotlight are compatible with HomeKit when synced to a supported Base Station or SmartHub. I will follow up with the team to request an update to the mentioned KB.

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@GuntherV wrote:

Hi all, can someone confirm that the arlo essential spotlight camera’s work with apple homekit? On this forum I found an announcement that they do, but on the Arlo website they are not listed in the compatible devices. So I’m a little bit confused. Kind regards, Gunther

It is confusing.  There is an announcement here: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Announcements/Arlo-Essential-series-cameras-now-work-with-Apple-HomeKi...

But the essential cameras are missing from the list here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062279/How-do-I-connect-my-Arlo-camera-to-Apple-HomeKit

Interesting that the "Applies to" at the top of the kb article does include the VMC2040 (Essential Indoor), but that also isn't in the list.

@JamesC , I think the KB article is likely incorrect, but it would be good if Arlo confirmed.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

While these cameras are not compatible with HomeKit as standalone devices, Arlo Essential, Essential XL and Essential Spotlight are compatible with HomeKit when synced to a supported Base Station or SmartHub. I will follow up with the team to request an update to the mentioned KB.

JamesC