Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jafab
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have my arlo baby connected to my Google home, but whenever I ask google home to stream arlo baby to my living room it says, "looks like that stream is currently unavailable from the baby monitor. I tried reinstalling, renaming, removing and readding to Google with no luck.
9 REPLIES 9
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @jafab,

Do you have any other rooms to stream the Arlo Baby? If you do, try to stream on other rooms to see if anything shows. If you don't, say "Stream (Arlo Baby's Name)" and see if that will show the stream.

jafab
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still the same response from google home-"Looks like the stream is currently unavailable from the baby monitor" I've also renamed the camera, assisgned different rooms to the camera but I still get the same response.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Are you able to view the Baby camera through the Arlo app properly?

jafab
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I am.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Have you tried to unlinking the Arlo Baby from your Google Home and linking it back on? You can read more here: Link/Unlink Devices to a Google Account

jafab
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've done that multiple times. I've also renamed the camera and assigned it to a different room with the same results.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

What I would suggest is to contact our Arlo Support Team so they can help you further with streaming through Google Home.

jafab
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was able to get the arlo baby to stream to my chromecast but only after I log in to arlo.Netgear.com on a windows pc.

If i log out and ask GH to stream I'll get the same message that the stream is unavailable.
lambchops
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was struggling with this as well until I discovered that I had "paused" the stream in the Arlo-app. After pressing play in the  Arlo-app, Google Home was able to connect. HOWEVER; there is no stream, just a still picture that doesn't update. In addition, it's a bit "hit and miss" when it comes to the connection and sometimes I get "Not responding". 

Also; The fact that they still use Flash for showing video in "My Arlo" in 2019 says a lot!

The whole system just seems very "glitchy" and I'm not very impressed since I bought this based on the fact that it supports Google Home.