Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kabbachi
Star
Star
My Arlo baby was working fine remotely on HomeKit ( not on the same WiFi). Now it’s not anyone facing the same issue?
6 REPLIES 6
kahuna2007
Aspirant
Aspirant
My arlo app will only allow me to view the live feed while on my home network. If I power cycle the camera I can view it for a short period of time while off my home network but it always eventually stops working. Data speeds are fine on the devices I’m trying to view from, firmware up to date on camera, arlo app up to date. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Kabbachi,

Make sure that you set up your Apple TV, HomePod, or iPad as a Home Hub in order to view the Arlo Baby through HomeKit with remote access. You can read her on how to set up your Home Hub: Set up your HomePod, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub.

Kabbachi
Star
Star
Hi Jessica
Thanks for ur reply
My Apple TV is already set as a hub. I have several devices which I’m accesssing remotely normally. My issue is the cam is not connecting on home app when I’m not on the same WiFi.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Looks like our development team is aware about the issue where the camera is not responding on Apple HomeKit if connected via cellular or non-local network and is currently investigating the problem. We appreciate your patience and understanding about this and will provide any update as soon as we have more information to share.

In the meantime, you can use the Arlo app to view the live stream of your Arlo Baby.

Kabbachi
Star
Star
Any update?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Kabbachi,

I wanted to follow up if you're still having problems remotely accessing your Arlo Baby through Apple HomeKit