Arlo Wire-free cameras revert to "Do Nothing" on their own

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
joshb00
Aspirant
Aspirant

Some of my mode rules always reset after a day or so of setting them up, renaming the rules to the serial number of the cameras, and changing the rules to "Do nothing" instead of recording video. I've deleted the mode and created a new one from scratch, and it still happens. I am mostly using the arlo website to make changes on my desktop computer, but can access the android app.

One note...I use Samsung's SmartThings, and occaisionally deactivate the cameras if they're detecting motion too much on a windy day, and then SmartThings will reactivate them at dusk. I don't think SmartThings has access to change rules; just turn the cameras off. I've attached a screenshot of the mode with some of the rules renamed.

Base station HW Version: VMB3010r2

Base station Firmware: 1.8.8.0_11528

Cameras HW Version: H7

Cameras Firmware: 1.2.10342

Unfortunately, I'm in another part of the country from the system, so I can't make any physical changes to the system; just changes that can be made from the website or app. Any help would be appreciated.

Josh

ArloIssue.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I wonder if it's the "Do Nothing" setting that's causing an issue although renaming wouldn't seem to be happening.  The SmartThings interaction would be a possibility - can you disable that easily to test?  Are you using a schedule of any sort that would have ST switch back to armed?

joshb00
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the quick response!

It's the "Do Nothing" setting that is causing my issue. The rules all have video recording set up, but it is changing that setting to "Do Nothing" so the cameras, though they detect motion and send a push notification, do not record anything. I wouldn't mind if it was just renaming the rules without changing the video recording setting back to "Do Nothing."

The SmartThings is scheduled to activate all the cameras at sunset if they're not already activated. What I probably need to try is setting all the rules back up again, and leaving it for several days without deactivating the cameras. I have to do that often as there's a small palm shrub that sways a lot if it's windy and triggers the cameras in that area. I keep waiting for Arlo to add the ability to specify only a part of the image to detect the motion, or alternatively, exclude part of the image from the motion detection (I would exclude this shrub). But I'm not sure they're ever going to add that functionality.