Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
FredEly
Guide
Guide

Is anyone having issues with the Alexa and Arlo. From the past few days, Motion detection from the Arlo Wireless Doorbell and Floodlight camera are not showing on Alexa Echo device.

I have set routines in Alexa to turn On/Off the Driveway and Garden Lights base on Motion Detection trigger from these cameras. Everything was working fine until the 16/17th August, but suddenly the Motion Trigger has stopped working. I can trigger the routines manually, but there is no automatic trigger.

Already tried all the basic trouble shooting steps mentioned in the below post, but still no luck. 

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Partner-Integrations/Alexa-echo-show-routine/m-p/1874462#M14971

As per this old post, this issue had happed before in 2022 and it was fixed by a Arlo moderator @ShayneS  , but there is no information on the actual solution. I have also spent one hour on call with Amazon customer support without any luck.

Also, for testing I  linked my Arlo skill to Samsung Smart things and the Motion Detection is working perfectly without any issues, so the problem is only with Alexa and Arlo integration. In my Alexa smart home device history the Arlo devices are now showing as N/A, so there is something wrong with the integration. See, attached image, of the activity log when the Motion Detection was actually working on the 16th August, but the device name is showing as N/A when I check now.

Requesting @ShayneS  and Arlo to do there magic again and fix this issue.

Screenshot_20240720_211255_Amazon Alexa.jpg

26 REPLIES 26
Samesame
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much for your intensive effort and support!

Samesame
Aspirant
Aspirant

Send it’s working at my end too. Thanks for your support!