Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 36 Replies
  • 44 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
mrjonkane
Follower
Follower

I recently bought the Arlo Ultra combo and partially made the decision based on hearing that zigbee & z-wave was being introduced to the SmartHub later in the year which is great (mentioned in link below). This implies it will be enabled in the existing Ultra SmartHub by a firmware update when it's ready later in the year. Did I get that wrong... do they mean it will be only be available as a hardware option in newer SmartHubs released later this year?

I realize more information and an announcement will be made when this integration is closer to being available but hoping we might at least get clarification if it's not going to be in the existing hardware.

ARLO ANNOUNCES AVAILABILITY OF ARLO ULTRA 4K HDR WIRE-FREE SECURITY CAMERA SYSTEM - "The flagship 4K HDR wire-free security camera system is powered by the Arlo SmartHub which will deliver additional support for Zigbee and Z-Wave compatible smart home devices later in 2019"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

At this time we do not have plans to update the Arlo Ultra SmartHub with support for additional wire-free protocals such as Zigbee and Z-Wave.

Thank you,

Arlo Team

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
ghost_rider
Initiate
Initiate

I would like ot integrate my Arlo Ultra cameras with my Wink 2 hub. I see they are not supported yet (they are not an option to add), but is there a way to add them as generic zigbee or zwave sensors?

Joybat
Tutor
Tutor

hvornår arbejde Arlo Ultra med zigbee og z wave, som du lovede

EB_Norway
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi, anything new when we can get z-wave?

Thanks.
EB_Norway
Apprentice
Apprentice
Arlo, please reply.

Power.no, my dealer says Ultra has z-wave support.

Can you confirm this - is bull**bleep**?

When will you release new firmware with z-wave support?
mr_fried
Star
Star
Hi Arlo, wondering if you had an update here? This is a key reason I upgraded to Arlo Ultra. It has been a year since the announcement, any update?
mr_fried
Star
Star

So I am itching/desperate to set up proper smart home integration at my place. I have about 20 lifx lights, 6 arlo cameras, Sonos, Roon and home assistant. I got really excited about the CES 2019 announcement regarding Zigbee and Zwave integration with the Arlo Ultra smart hub so made the decision (that I am beginning to regret) to upgrade to Arlo Ultra. The smart home integration was promised for H2 2019. That has come and gone with not a mention.

You should read up on Australian Consumer Law because I purchased this product on the basis an advertised feature would be offered and now not only do we not have that feature but workarounds like Smart Things automation can’t even be used and the API is not exposed.

Have to say I am extremely disappointed.

Keen to see what Arlo/Netgear’s point of view is here.

Will the smart home integration be coming or do I start asking for my money back?

mr_fried
Star
Star
rferrara
Guide
Guide

Unfortunately this press release isn't really helpful, it is what got many of us excited about upgrading to the ultra..... no integrations of other devices outside of the Arlo products yet and no integration of the Arlo Ultra, Pro 3 and Doorbell into Smartthings.....  This has left myself and many others without the ability to use the cameras and their motion sensors to trigger other actions anymore.

mr_fried
Star
Star

I read that almost as the reverse, that the smart hub itself would offer the capability to directly manage devices. What other reason do they have to lock out interoperability with other real home automation technologies?

I logged a support case yesterday when funnily enough my car got broken into in my driveway (great timing hey) and my driveway camera was not responding and did not capture any video that day. 

That is pretty bad timing and I am now quite upset. 

I asked the guy working the support call to put it in a request for an official response to this post from engineering. 

Based on that I will either box up and return all of my Arlo cameras for a full refund under Australian consumer law or continue to be a happy and loyal customer. 

Pretty disappointed that no one has picked this up yet to be honest, has everyone at Arlo just given up?

mr_fried
Star
Star

They should change the “works with Arlo” program to “nothing works with Arlo” 😂

mr_fried
Star
Star
Dear Arlo,

Not sure how blunt I need to be - may I please have a response to the above comment or alternatively a response to the ticket I logged?

Thanks,
Christian
EB_Norway
Apprentice
Apprentice
Arlo, why no answer?

Poor customer service.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We do not have any new information to share at this time regarding Zigbee/Zwave integration. Stay tuned for an announcement on these integrations at arlo.com

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We do not have any new information to share at this time regarding Zigbee/Zwave integration. Stay tuned for an announcement on these integrations at arlo.com

JamesC

EB_Norway
Apprentice
Apprentice
Ok, but will it come? For sure, or have you changed your mind?
mr_fried
Star
Star

Hi James,

Thank you, but I feel like you missed the point. A lot of people got excited and made investments in your products based on this announcement and the excitement around CES last year. 

In the last year none of the promised features were delivered. 

Leaving your once loyal customers disappointed in their investment and trust in your company

Your response is a continuation of the last 365 days - Is there any outcome where you did not expect me to be offended by your comment? 

mr_fried
Star
Star
Hi James,

Sorry if you find it difficult to understand subtext. Let me phrase it in a different way.

I am going to make Arlo give me my money back for failing to deliver a promised feature. Under Australian consumer law this would be classified as deceptive conduct.

You (and the support team who I am awaiting a response from) have an opportunity to resolve this matter and maintain me as a customer. I do not wish to be unreasonable.

All I am asking for is some kind of commitment that this is going to happen. If you do not wish to provide a public statement, please contact me offline.

I will go to the office of fair trading if you do not respond to me in a reasonable period of time.
EB_Norway
Apprentice
Apprentice
Arlo, please answer us.

TIA
mr_fried
Star
Star

Hi James/team, I need a response to my statement please. Support are not responding, my case has not been escalated as requested and you are posting one line statements you are not prepared to offer any response to my query about deceptive or misleading conduct regarding the advertising of the Arlo Ultra smart hub. 

I have just left a zero star survey to the support ticket and will provide one more opportunity for Arlo to respond before I take this to the NSW Office of fair trading and log a complaint with them as I feel that Arlo are in breach of Australian consumer laws. 

ArloRookie
Guide
Guide

Any updates? and what happened with the multi purpose sensor that was supposed to be delivered by 2019?...

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
Wondering when this will happen also
@JamesC any updates?
Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
Works with arlo announcement supposedly 2nd quarter of 19:
https://www.arlo.com/en-us/about/press-releases/2019/WORKS-WITH-ARLO.aspx

Security system announcement:
https://www.arlo.com/en-us/about/press-releases/2019/Arlo-Security-System.aspx

@JamesC
@JessicaP
@Arlo-Greg
what has happened this this timeline? Clearly something has changed but nothing has been stated and this information is still up to be seen and hasn’t been taken down unless arlo is still working on it but haven’t given any update on it at all, what’s the hold up? No communication is not good, something is better than nothing, please explain.
Big_Dave
Initiate
Initiate
Hi there, what happened with this? Did they ever get back to you?
I have had a case logged for days now and nobody is getting back to me. Sick of this piece of crap Ultra System.
EB_Norway
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC  - update us?