Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
BigAl007
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just purchased a 4 camera set at Best Buy, got everything hooked up and running good through the Arlo app.  I would like to integrate this into my Apple Homekit however the base station is not showing on the homekit set up through the Arlo app and I never received a Apple Homekit code with the set.  I have called support and unfortunately they couldn't figure it out. I have tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling and reconnecting, the Arlo app did find the base station through the homekit set up but it would not connect the accessory (camera) and the only option was to cancel or retry which ended with the same results.  Once it's canceled the Arlo app will not find the base station again.  Very frustrating!!  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

6 REPLIES 6
CLBArlo
Guide
Guide

Having the exact same issue.  Had a chat with support and so far no solution.  I added your forum entry to the ticket and asked for the issue to be escalated to level 2.  Also very frustrated, all my other devices added to HomeKit without any issues.

BigAl007
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just had an Arlo update on the app for iPhone.  Apple Homekit was recognized and base station was now showing in the Homekit through the Arlo app. All cameras connected and working properly.  Thank you!

Mark7198
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I try to add to HomeKit, it can’t find the 4500 base station. Other than that everything works fine.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Mark7198

Is your Homekit app on the same network as your base station?

Mark7198
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Mark7198

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. Arlo Tech Support