Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
vp_sails
Follower
Follower

I'm in the process of buying a DIY security system after having decided not to go down the path of selecting Piper or Canary due to very poor reviews by users. So, I've decided to go the SmartThings route for perimeter defense, IE door/window sensors, motion detection, sirens, etc. So, the last thing I wanted to purchase is the HD video system to go with this setup. I noticed some mention of Arlo Pro SmartThings integration but it didn't look like it leveraged many of the features available in the Arlo Pro like the motion sensor or the siren. Can anybody shine some light on your experiences with an integration with SmartThings? It almost seems like it may be more useful to have the 2 systems co-reside side by side without trying to integrate them. Anybody have some thoughts on this? 

For me it's like resisting the desire to have one app do it all... Like integrating my Rachio sprinkler controller into SmartThings when the stand-alone app works perfectly by itself.

5 REPLIES 5
Chastasam
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had a smartthings setup for over a year and just recently got the Arlo Pro. The setup in the smartthings app to integrate the 2 is really straightforward and easy. There is some overlap in functionality but that's about it.

in smartthings you can use the arlo as a motion sensor and automate the security smart app to record which of course you can do in the arlo app. I think the benefit of integration is that you can use the Arlo to trigger other devices you have setup in smartthings. 

Happy hunting. 

Btw. One thing lacking in the smartthings app is it doesn't bring over the base station and it's Siren. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For more information on using Arlo with SmartThings, see here: What is Samsung SmartThings, and how do I use it with my Arlo cameras?

JamesC

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Arlo Degraded Performance
Incident Report for SmartThings
New Incident Status: Monitoring
Performance for Arlo within SmartThings has improved significantly. We will continue to monitor.
Oct 13, 22:20 EDT
PREVIOUS UPDATES
Identified
Netgear is currently experiencing degraded performance which is resulting in Arlo live stream and clip generation errors in SmartThings. Netgear is actively investigating
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Arlo Degraded Performance
Incident Report for SmartThings
New Incident Status: Resolved
This issue is resolved.
Oct 17, 20:12 EDT
PREVIOUS UPDATES
Monitoring
Performance for Arlo within SmartThings has improved significantly. We will continue to monitor.
Oct 13, 22:20 EDT
Identified
Netgear is currently experiencing degraded performance which is resulting in Arlo live stream and clip generation errors in SmartThings. Netgear is actively investigating.
Oct 12, 17:59 EDT
This incident affected: Device Control (North America, UK).
View status page or manage your subscription to these emails.