Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mojoman58
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm new to the security camera game and finished installing and setting my 4 Arlo Pro 3 cameras. I would like to be able to see the cameras an my TV and saw a video on Youtube where they used an Alexa Echo Show and Dot device with a Fire TV Stick and were able to view the camera feed on a TV. I've looked around online and found the article on how to do it after enabling the Arlo Skill and using an Alexa device. The instructions state that you need one of the following: Echo Show, Echo Spot, Fire TV (any generation), Fire TV stick (2nd generation), Fire TV Edition smart TVs, or Fire Tablets (generation 7th & above). I've seen a few different sites and none of them mention the 3rd Generation Echo device. Can the 3rd gen Echo be used with a Fire TV Stick to view the stream on a TV?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

From what I see, it works with the older models and would assume it will work with the Gen3 too.

Don't see why they would remove a working feature.

from test site;

Pros

Vastly improved speakers

• Gorgeous fabric design
  • Still really affordable
  • New Plum color!

Cons

• No real difference in functionality compared to 2nd Gen Dot
--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
mojoman58
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. I already owned the 3rd generation Echo and today I bought the Fire Stick 4K and was able to successfully use the Arlo Alexa Skill to pair the Echo with the Fire Stick and can now see the live feeds from the cameras on my TV. The only part I haven't been able to use is seeing the videos from the Smart Hub. Alexa gives a response that the device isn't able to do that. When the pairing went through it listed all 4 cameras and the hub and I was able to pair all 5 but it seems you can't watch a recorded video from the cloud. I'll do some more exploring and update later. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

I have the firestick and can only use live view. I dont believe viewing library is possible unless i'm missing something also.