Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 - app has no Homekit option for base

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Hoser13
Tutor
Tutor
So every place I search tells me that all I need to do is open the app on my iPad, go to settings, device, and select my base, then Homekit. Problem is, there is nothing that has homekit anywhere in the app on the iPad.

What I am missing?
Best answers
  • Dannybear
    Master
    Master

Do you have the Apple HomeKit App installed on the iPad?

If so do you have permission for arlo to access the HomeKit data in the arlo App settings?
    On the iPad open the settings page and scroll down to the arlo app and check the HomeKit data is enabled.
    Then when back into the arlo app and you tap on the HomeKit option on the base settings, wait for the search page to timeout.
    Then go begging for the token reset by the forum moderator.

7 REPLIES 7
Dannybear
Master
Master
Are you not seeing the HomeKit setup label when using the arlo App to view the base station settings page?

If you’re trying to setup the HomeKit you may also need to have the token reset by someone on the forum to get it to find the base station. This is not documented anywhere as it is meant to work with the App but it never has.
Hoser13
Tutor
Tutor
No option. See screenshot.
IMG_0028.PNG
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hoser13 wrote:
No option. See screenshot.

What model base do you have?

Homekit is available only for the VMB4000, VMB4500, VMB4540, and VMB5000 bases.

Hoser13
Tutor
Tutor

VMB4000r3

but it appears my cameras are Pro and not Pro 2. 

Dannybear
Master
Master
Do you have the Apple HomeKit App installed on the iPad?

If so do you have permission for arlo to access the HomeKit data in the arlo App settings?
On the iPad open the settings page and scroll down to the arlo app and check the HomeKit data is enabled.
Then when back into the arlo app and you tap on the HomeKit option on the base settings, wait for the search page to timeout.
Then go begging for the token reset by the forum moderator.
Hoser13
Tutor
Tutor

Read the whole thread and look at my screenshot, there is no option for HomeKit in the app.  Anywhere.  

Hoser13
Tutor
Tutor

Wait! I take that back.  Every other guidance said to look in the Arlo app.  Found it in actual iPad settings.  You are awesome.  Now to the next step.