Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 HomeKit Issues

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
infinite8john
Follower
Follower

I’m having a really hard time finding a solution for my Arlo 2 cameras and HomeKit. I’ve seen it reported that people have to have token resets sent to the devices but in order to get support your basically forced into having a subscription. Please, if anyone knows how, help me reset what i need to set up my cameras again. This alone had made me disappointed in Arlo and makes me not want to subscribe to their service.

To detail more, I get the issue where it’s just searching and searching for the devices when you go into setup HomeKit.

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reset your HomeKit token. Please reboot your bas station and try again.

Thank you

NathanON
Aspirant
Aspirant

Trying to get Homekit to work, and I am about to give up on this...I originally had the VMB4000 and couldn't get past the 'searching for hub' screen. Spent 3 hours last weekend with Arlo support and they could make it work,. They told me that the VMB4000 was defective. 

So I purchased at their recommendation a newer hub, (VMB5000) and now I am still at the same point. Can someone please help with this? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @NathanON

I have reset your HomeKit token. Please reboot your bas station and try again.

NathanON
Aspirant
Aspirant

Shayne 

Thanks but I am still having the same issue. Ever since Homekit support was announced this is has been the only step I have gotten to.

My Setup;

Latest firmware on VMB5000 ( also was latest FW on VMB4000) , and still didn't work ;(

Only 1 Pro 4 camera is connected for now.I have more cameras, but I won't add more until I know the Homekit connection is working

My Base station is connected using Ethernet direct into my router. 

Are there any HomeKit settings that might be preventing this from letting me go any further? This is pretty frustrating....Ive been trying to get this working for over a year now. 

Thanks but I am still having the same issue. IMG_50A28BB83D1F-1.jpeg

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.