Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 False HomeKit Alerts

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mike34
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently started having a problem with one of my three Arlo Pro2 Cameras and HomeKit.

First, always been slightly annoying that I could set the Arlo app to only notify if it detects people, but the Home app reported all motion, including cats, squirrels and raccoons etc. But I lived with it. If I went in to the Arlo app, it always showed the video the animal that caused the motion.

However, I recently started receiving excessive motion notifications through the Home app only where there is nothing recorded and no motion when I watch live. As part of troubleshooting, I muted Arlo alerts but still received HomeKit alerts. What is causing these false alerts all of a sudden? The other cameras are behaving normally. ANy suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mike34,

Are you using activity zones within the Arlo mobile app? Is the camera in a high traffic area?

JamesC

mike34
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James,

Yes. I am using an activity zone to minimize the motion area. No, it is not a high-traffic area. In fact, it mostly picks up squirrels and feral cats. That’s why I set it to alert for people only. 

My two other cameras work fine in the same general area, but this camera causes Home Kit alerts when there is no discernible motion. I should also note that these events are never recorded. Again, this is a new issue. 

Thanks,
Mike