Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
mmartel
Follower
Follower

I've had my front door camera paired with Alexa for a couple of years with the motion announcement turned on. All of a sudden it has decided not to work any longer. The camera still detects motion, records video, and sends a phone warning. The other cameras still work with the Alexa motion announcement. I've tried restarting Alexa, restarting the camera, removing the camera from Alexa, and re-adding it. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
castellan88
Guide
Guide

This exact thing happened to me on the Doorbell yesterday as well, so it's likely related to the Arlo Skill needing an update.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi mmartel and castellan88,

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

castellan88
Guide
Guide
I did and was told the doorbell does not support Alexa, which I found very disappointing and surprising:

“ Thank you for contacting Arlo chat support.
It seems you got disconnected from our chat session a while ago. Our transcript is saved under Case #41956435.

i understand you are having issues with your Arlo Video on integrating with your Amazon Alexa. i have checked the compatibility of the Arlo video doorbell.Unfortunately the Arlo video doorbell is not compatible with the Amazon Alexa. Please click on the link below, the model number of Arlo Video Doorbell which is AVD1001A is currently not included in the list of compatible devices.

https://kb.arlo.com/000044726/How-can-I-pair-my-Arlo-cameras-with-Amazon-Alexa

We are looking forward to continue helping you.

Again, thank you for choosing Arlo.

Regards,
Luna”
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey castellan88,

We want to let you know that the Arlo Video Doorbell is compatible with Amazon Alexa devices. You can see here to learn how to use 2-way talk with your Arlo camera and Amazon Alexa device: How do I use 2-way talk with my Arlo camera and an Amazon Alexa device?