Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
sgm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

On the fantastic news about IFTTT integration now available on Arlo, I jumped in and started creating a system.

It is fantastic, however, I did run into an issue.

I have granted my wife access to our cameras at home. I have granted her access to my cameras.

When I create an IFTTT recipe, eg an arming recipe, In the drop down ehre it asks for the cameras I can't to arm, I can see my cameras and select fine.

When I do the same in my wife's IFTTT account (as I mentioned above, I have granted her access to Arlo and the cameras), I can connect, however in the "select cameras" dropdown, I cannot see our cameras. Therefore I cannot create the recipe.

Any ideas, perhaps this is a small initial bug with IFTTT, or perhaps this is something that hasn't been implemented yet (the ability for granted users to access via IFTTT).

Anyway, really delighted that we now have IFTTT support. Thanks again.

Steve

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have no IFTTT experience but previous posts not related to IFTTT have suggested issues with the permissions for those granted access. Have you tried giving her admin access?  

sgm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure if that is an option. Regardless, I did kinda get it working by simply logging her IFTTT in via my arlo login. Seems to work fine if she loggs in as me. THanks for your reply though. Sure it will get fixed over time. Steve

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sgm,

While IFTTT support is now available, we are still working on optimizing this feature. For best results, we recommend users wait until an official announcement before taking advantage of IFTTT.

JamesC

JoeArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC

I am having the same problem.

IFTTT connected to Arlo works fantastic for the primary user, but user granted access to Arlo does not have Netgear Arlo base station show up in the IFTTT drop down list.

I think Netgear is doing a great job working to integrate Arlo into the Smart Home Automation eco-system of technologies.  Thanks!

JoeArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would also like to encourage Netgear Arlo to provide Open API's so that Arlo can be integrated by the developer community and 3rd party vendors into a lot more devices and solutions, beyond what Netgear does today.