Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation
r1cebank
Aspirant
Aspirant

Removed my Arlo camera once and I now try to add back to HomeKit but the app is stuck in discovering new devices, please help.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

r1cebank
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank You, it works 🙂

Isobaric
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue, could you also reset mine as well.

Many Thanks

Kingsley3
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue, can you send me a token as well?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Isobaric @Kingsley3

I have reset your HomeKit tokens, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

wbohanon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having same issues can you send me a token reset

M-G-
Aspirant
Aspirant
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@wbohanon @M-G- 

Thank you

Isobaric
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the token reset. The issue I have now is that both my cameras are non-responsive in Homekit. Seems to have happened after the upgrade to IOS 16.3.2 any thoughts?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Isobaric 

May I ask what symptoms are occurring? Are the cameras a blank screen with no response icon, or do they not live stream at all? You can try removing and adding the HomeKit app back to your device to start.

Thanks

Isobaric
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I'm getting a blank screen with no response. Tried resetting Homekit and adding everything back in but same error.

Was working great before the IOS update...?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have another iOS device you can check the HomeKit app on? 

Isobaric
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have checked with Iphone 11 pro with ios 16.3.1, iphone 12 mini with ios 16.3.1, 2 x ipads with 16.3.1, imac with 13.2.1 and also have apple TV 4k with tvos 16.3.2.

Same problem on all.

Isobaric
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any update on this issue yet...?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Isobaric 

I have escalated your issue to the appropriate team, someone should be reaching out to you soon.

Isobaric
Aspirant
Aspirant

After resetting everything to factory defaults and starting again I managed to get it going. I appears as though there could be an issue with inviting more than one user with old apple id credentials. I had to create a new user id for the family member who had had the same apple id for over 5 years, because every time I added them using their old ID I would get no response from the cameras......! What a PITA it took all weekend. Now working with the 2 original users and the user I created a new apple id for.  As soon as these become end of life I'll switch to another brand.

Isobaric
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi could someone do a token reset for me?

Thanks in advance.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Isobaric,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Isobaric
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you James.

ppops
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @JamesC 

I’m having the same problem with my Arlo Baby.

Can you pls send a token reset request?

Arlo Baby 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ppops,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

r1cebank
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC 

Can you reset the token on my device again, looks like it got disconnected again. Thank you

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

r1cebank,

JamesC

dhvlshah88
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am running into same issue on iOS 16.4.1. Can someone help me reset my HomeKit Token?