Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential Video Doorbell Wire-Free won't connect to Alexa Echo 4th gen even when installed

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LMGreaves
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have just installed this doorbell.
It wont connect to my alexa echo (4th gen) despite mu alexa app saying that the arla skill is instslled.
The alexa just doesn't seem to be able to see the doorbell.
Very frustrating when we only bought the alexa to use as a chime for the doorbell.
Can anyone help?
Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LMGreaves
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks Jessica.
We’ve been in touch with Verisure, who installed it, and have now sorted the problem- we had to take the doorbell batteries out to reset it, then reload on Alexa skills.
Many thanks
Lynne

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi LMGreaves,

Are you still having this issue? Have you tried removing the skill and re-adding it back on?

LMGreaves
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Jessica,
Thanks for replying.
Yes, we have tried removing the skill and reloading, but still no success.
Any other ideas?
Many thanks
Lynne
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Are you seeing any error when trying to see your doorbell through Amazon Alexa? Are you able to see your doorbell through the Arlo app?

LMGreaves
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Jessica
The Alex app allows the Arlo skills to load but then when you try and find the wire free video door bell it isnt on the available list and when you try and do a search for devices it doesnt find the doorbell at all.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest for you to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

LMGreaves
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks Jessica.
We’ve been in touch with Verisure, who installed it, and have now sorted the problem- we had to take the doorbell batteries out to reset it, then reload on Alexa skills.
Many thanks
Lynne