Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Slevinmj
Follower
Follower
This question was raised a year or so ago but couldn’t find a recent answer. I couldn’t find a way to make this work but wondered if others had. ‘I am wondering is there any chance we can use Amazon echo to play an alarm sound when Arlo detects a motion. Currently Arlo does send push notification as well as emails by default. But an alarm could really help if you are away from your phones and could potentially deter the unwelcomed guest.’
2 REPLIES 2
Peachey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Base Station has a Siren built in. You can trigger the Siren in your Modes section, or activate it manually when logged in the App or website viewing your cameras.

Im not sure if Amazon Echo can be paired via IFTTT, maybe something you can tinker with and get back to us.

bhusband
Apprentice
Apprentice

I think this is a good idea to have the Amazon Echo say a phrase or braking dog.  The base stations that don't have the built in siren.  I think most people ignore sirens and voice alarm / sounds / alerts make a better choice for me.                                                                                                   .