Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
mtay
Guide
Guide

The solution provided in the other threads does NOT work at all. Just bought an Arlo Doorbell to add to my Aelo Pro Base and thogught it works with Alexa Echo / Echo Dot as claimed, but very disppointed that it failed to work. When the Doorbell is pressed, it sometimes call my mobile phone but sometimes missed. Evn setting up according to the solution posted in the other threads, the Alexa Echo Dots never responded to the [press]. Routine setup also does not respond at all.

Totally useless piece of junk. Going to return it next week.

13 REPLIES 13
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Voidspaces
Star
Star
I have the same problem and have been in touch with the support for months (slow to respond, sometime just dropped the case) and they can’t find a solution. They told me the engineers are looking into the problem but who knows when and if they will respond. This is a big problem for many. Not a single review on Alexa arlo uk skills that reports a doorbell working with Alexa. Very disappointing. I do not recommend buying this doorbell.
murphycw
Tutor
Tutor

Gutted I hadn't read all the threads before purchasing this doorbell!  I can't get mine to work with Alexa either, I was trying to get it to work with my Sonos One, which I now know does not work, which is fair enough, so I've loaned and Echo Dot 2nd Gen to try and get it working...

I've watched a few videos on youtube which claim to have it working by setting up Alexa Routines, but no... I press the doorbell and my phone rings after a few seconds, it seems pretty useless, I think maybe I have grounds to return this product and start looking at an alternative, which is a shame because I've had such a great experience with the Arlo Pro 2 cameras.

Come on Arlo Tech, you need to sort this out before starting to lose customers!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @murphycw

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Voidspaces
Star
Star
I have, and after countless attempts of sorting out the problem they have been keeping me on hold for updates. This has been going on for months now. Last thing was the new “legacy app” which I was told should have solved the problem but did not. Still on hold - incredibly disappointing.
murphycw
Tutor
Tutor
Yes I’ve tried Support and was advised that the updated app “Should have fixed it” surely they shouldn’t be releasing updates if they don’t know it’s fixed the issue.

I don’t think enough is being done to try and fix it, judging by all the people that have reported the issue, which is very disappointing.

I’ve asked for my call to be escalated and shipped a free chime until the issue is fixed, as expected I was told it’s not Company Procedure to grant my request... I would think a better company procedure would be not to release software updates that haven’t fixed the issue.
bj10au
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have have 5 Arlo Pro cameras and the Arlo Pro Base station.  I recently purchased a doorbell and chime.  All items are updated with the latest firmware, and I use the latest iOS App (not the legacy app) on an iPhone X.  The doorbell and chime seem to be working well when the doorbell is pushed, with the chime and iPhone call occuring resonably quickly.

I have several Alexa devices including an Echo Show 5 and Echo Spot.  I have never once been able to get the doorbell to ring or give a notification on an Alexa device.  I have removed and reinstated the Arlo skill on Alexa several times and made sure all the Arlo app settings are as advised by Arlo support.  Still, I have never received a single doorbell notification on Alexa.  

Alexa connects to Arlo as I am able to view any of the five Arlo Pro cameras on the Echo Show 5 and Echo Spot, although that is quite hit-and-miss.  Often I get the message on Alexa that Arlo is not responding.  The doorbell shows as a device on the Alexa app and 'Doorbell Press' is switched on with the default chime.

I purchased the Arlo Doorbell recently assuming it would work with Alexa, but from my reading of these forums there appears to be an ongoing issue without much response from Netgear Arlo support.

Voidspaces
Star
Star
I’d support that
Voidspaces
Star
Star
Has anyone found a solution or is the doorbell simply not working with Alexa? Support can’t resolve the issue, and the software updates seem to make my doorbell get worse (I often have to resync as I don’t even get the phone call anymore!)
superbad
Tutor
Tutor

Got the same issue and struggled to have that fixed with Arlo Support. I would say that it's a known issue and they should sort it out.

Sircoynie
Apprentice
Apprentice

It is almost 2020 and you still haven't fixed this issue!

A feature that you ADVERTISED with! 

What an utter Joke this company really is. 

superbad
Tutor
Tutor

After the update of the latest iOS app (few weeks ago) it seems now working.

I do receive alert on my Alexa devices upon Arlo Doorbell button pressure.

Sadly I can just have an Alexa notification but it seems that you cannot show the Camera linked to Doorbell in the Alexa Devices with screen (you can't setup a routine to do that)

bluefish2303
Tutor
Tutor
Just to say that, out of the blue, Alexa now announces that the doorbell has been pressed (for me at least). Don't know if this is an Amazon or an Arlo 'fix' but I'm happier with the product now. Saved me buying a chime so it's a double bonus.