Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby not working with Echo Spot

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tslaursen
Follower
Follower
One out of ten times I can get Arlo Baby to work with Amazon Echo Spot. This is really frustrating. The camera is enabled in the echo device. Both devices are up to date and I unplug/restart the devices regularly - but I can’t depend on it. Arlo baby was an expensive but I thought I bought the best product on the market and that it would work. Highly disappointed...
5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @tslaursen,

Are you receiving an error when trying to connect the Arlo Baby to your Echo Spot?

I would suggest to try disable the skill through the Alexa app and re-enable the skill to link your Arlo account with your Alexa account again to see if that helps. You can read here on how to enable the Arlo Alexa skill: How can I use Amazon devices with my Arlo cameras?

Alexsletters
Tutor
Tutor

Has there been any fix for this problem? My echo spot / arlo intergration has got significantly worse recently, previously it would often buffer and disconnect randomly, but now every time I have to ask Alexa to connect at least 2, normally 3 times. The response is ‘Arlo is not responding’ Have made sure device names are the same, changed wifi network, disabled and reabled skilll and rebooted both the arlo and echo. Both firmware is up to date. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Alexsletters,

If you're still having problems where your Amazon Alexa device isn't streaming properly, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Alexsletters
Tutor
Tutor
  • So even your “contact support” page dosnt work- live chat jut continually says “finding an agent” and the “drop us a line” option to send an email keeps on disappearing from the page when I try and write in the text box. I am pretty over this Netgear, it has been one issue after another with Arlo baby, not what you need with a new baby. How a company as big as yours with so many worldwide products can justify such crap support I don’t know. 
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather some information from you since you're saying you're unable to contact the support team using the link.