Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
sw0811
Star
Star

Hi,

I have been using my Arlo Baby on my two Alexa Show devices in my home and the connection will no longer work. I have tried many different things such as resetting devices on both ends, disabling the feature on my Alexa and then enabling, etc ... 

This used to work with no issues on my Alexa devices.

Please let me know if there is any way you could help me.

114 REPLIES 114
Nicks32
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo is there a fix in the works?
If not how am I meant to watch my baby camera?
Thinkbigger
Tutor
Tutor
Same situation. I have 2 Arlo baby and 4 ultra cameras. Used to work and stopped several months back. I took an old iPhone and use it as my monitor until Alexa gets fixed. Very frustrating
jhd121
Tutor
Tutor
ThinkBigger, do your Ultras also not work? I was thinking the problem was with the Arlo Baby only.

Fwiw I just purchased a Eufy Indoor Cam to replace the Arlo Baby. I’ll miss the temperature sensor but the camera works much better. Higher quality video feed in my experience and works great with HomeKit and the Echo Show.

I’ve noticed the Arlo Baby is no longer for sale and not listed on the website. Given it broke in May and there is still no fix, I’m guessing they have just given up on it but don’t want to tell us.

It’s worth noting that Arlo as a company was doing pretty terribly after getting spun off from Netgear, burning cash and stock price tanking. However they just had an impressive earnings report and the stock doubled, so perhaps it will breath some new life into them. But in the meantime I’m moving on. They keep sending me support follow up emails from a no reply email address but when I click on the link (the only option to contact them) I get an error message on their site. It’s pretty frustrating.
Thinkbigger
Tutor
Tutor
JHD121. You are Correct. The issue is only with the Arlo baby. The ultra camera stream fine on Alexa. I realize the systems have different network architecture (baby direct to the internet and ultra through smart hub). I am sure someone with access to the code can find out what broke the baby....we just need that persons attention
mehollar
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought an Echo Show to use as a monitor screen at night instead of my phone however it continuously times out. I’ve read old posts on this board from 2018 about this issue but did not see any resolutions or tips. Does anyone else have this same problem or have some ideas to fix it?
C1P
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue.

Wyze works fine so definitely not the network or Alexa API.
mehollar
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does the Wyze camera feed stay on all night with the audio?
LapaD
Initiate
Initiate
Would this fall under false advertising as Arlo claims the baby monitor is integrated with Alexa, but clearly isn’t?
3 months later and we are all having the same issue and unable to use our devices for the intended purpose (TO MONITOR A BABY!).
I’m no programmer, but everything worked in April and stopped working in May- roll back your code to April and look at what changed/broke. Doesn’t sound like that would take 3 months to figure out.
jnstrthr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally received a response from Arlo customer support.  Predictably their response was to blame the end-user.  They said "

•Internet speed- If the systems do not get their minimum requirement for the internet speed, there is a possibility that it gets stuck. You might have to restart your router.
•Wi-Fi interference- If you have a high speed internet, that does not guarantee that the both systems will work perfectly. If the signals are overlapping each other, it slows down the output of both devices.
•Firmware Versions- From time to time, there are certain update on devices connected to the internet. Your router, Baby camera, Echo show and other devices need the update to keep up with each other. Sometimes, if there are some changes ade on the Wi-Fi or routers, all devices will also be affected."

Well, this is not helpful at all.  They are clearly unwilling to take responsibility for a firmware update that broke the integration.  

I am stuck with a $200 paperweight! 

leocalmon
Aspirant
Aspirant
What a crap answer !! Never again Arlo Baby !!
JmP2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

What baby monitors has everyone replaced their baby arlo with? If this isnt going to get sorted Im going to need to replace it with something that will work. 

jnstrthr
Aspirant
Aspirant

The customer support/service department is awful.  They are completely non-responsive.  When a customer finally gets a response it is a cut and paste explanation of how it is the customer's fault.

This has to be fixed.

Your product is not worth a premium price.  You get average performance and way below average customer support. = garbage and a wast of money!

jnstrthr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Two weeks since "customer support" gave me their cut-and-paste excuse.  I have since sent them 3 follow up messages.

There has been absolutely no response at all!

It seems all Arlo wants to do is hold out their hand, take your money and ignore all the problems.  ANY other product would be better.

Arlo sells an average product at premium prices and delivers support at way below industry standards.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi jnstrthr,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information about your experience with the support team.

beave0222
Aspirant
Aspirant
ARLO YOU NEED TO RESPOND WITH A SOLUTION TO WHY THE BABY MONITOR DOES NOT WORK WITH THE AMAZON ECHO SHOW 5! You advertise that it is amazon Alexa compatible, but it is not! False advertisement case here if I ever saw one! Please help us consumers not have to move to a different competitors product!
vinivius
Aspirant
Aspirant

This issue deserves a class action to make them refund all the arlo baby owners for false advertisement.

R1C8
Tutor
Tutor
Has anyone found a solution or even an employee at Arlo who cares their product doesn’t work. I agree about a refund for false advertisement. Their customer support is completely worthless!
Nomad0792
Tutor
Tutor

Maybe not a bad idea. I'm assuming they apply little resources to something that doesn't make them any revenue. I wonder how many Arlo Baby owners there are that have this issue? It appears to be a lot. 

Should we take a tally? 

Ltscam
Tutor
Tutor

Add me to the list... Arlo pro 2 camera work through Alexa. Arlo baby works through iPhone, but stuck on buffering on all of my Alexas. Echo Show, Echo 5, and Echo 8. Tried calling twice and never can get through due to "covid" and reduced staff. Been dealing with this for over a year. I bought the echo 5 and 8 thinking it worked great with my first echo show that it would mean we wouldn't have to carry it room to room. pfft. Big mistake. can't be an amazon issue when Arlo pros work fine.

rapowell
Aspirant
Aspirant

The most frustrating thing is that when I first got the Arlo, it worked great.  Had occasional trouble connecting, but after it connected, it stayed on and rarely ever disconnected.  Then one of these updates broke something badly and we have a lot of unhappy people and nothing from Arlo.

Olip
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had to stop using my old ipad as this isn't supported by the arlo app anymore. Decided to get amazon echo show 8 as Arlo and amazon promote they work together. But my screen just sits on buffering for hours. Any help?
Mps0430
Aspirant
Aspirant
So while I don’t know how well this will work for everyone I may have found a fix. If you login to your Arlo account and turn off the 2 factor authentication, then disable the skill on Alexa and reinstall it. Don’t like that I have removed that safety feature but at least my camera now works as a baby monitor, not a brick.
Nomad0792
Tutor
Tutor

Hmmmm...I'm gonna give that a shot. It's great that it's worked for you. I will report back. 

Thanks!

Nomad0792
Tutor
Tutor

It looks like I never had it on to begin with so not sure this will work. This def worked for you?

Ltscam
Tutor
Tutor
That worked for me!!! Almost a year without it working on Alexa I had given up. Thanks. Arlo give this person a check and fix this issue. FYI, mine was turned off. I turned it on and then off and then disabled My skill. I unplugged my echo show( sure this is needed as my other devices weren’t and still worked) and re enabled skill. Plugged in and it’s been on for a few mins.