Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
sw0811
Star
Star

Hi,

I have been using my Arlo Baby on my two Alexa Show devices in my home and the connection will no longer work. I have tried many different things such as resetting devices on both ends, disabling the feature on my Alexa and then enabling, etc ... 

This used to work with no issues on my Alexa devices.

Please let me know if there is any way you could help me.

114 REPLIES 114
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi community,

I have a few questions for you,

1. May I ask which Amazon device your streaming the Arlo Baby with?
  2. How long does the stream last?

Thank you

Black_Hawk
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hey ShayneS,

I'm trying to stream with two Echo Show and the Echo Show 5. The Echo Shows are both only buffering, no stream is shown. The Echo Show 5 sometimes shows a stream for some seconds, then it jumps back to the start screen. Most of the time the Echo Show 5 is jumping directly back to the start.
sw0811
Star
Star

Hi ShayneS, same exact as situation as Black_Hawk. I try to stream on two different versions of the Echo Show.  Used to work months ago. In the last several months it will sometimes never connect and buffer the entire time, or briefly for a few minutes show up and then disappear. At this point I would like to return my item if there is going to be no solution to what is being advertised with the product. Especially that these systems don't come with a separate dock or screen to connect to.

jhd121
Tutor
Tutor

1) I am using an Echo Show 8 with device software version 3725204100. My Arlo Baby is running firmware 1.9.13.0_815. In case relevant, I have a Google Wifi mesh network (sometimes smart devices dislike mesh networks or networks that use the same SSID for 5ghz and 2.4ghz)

2) I timed it this afternoon and the video lasted about 12 seconds. It doesn't vary much at all, always 10-15 seconds, assuming it connects. I have same issue the others mentioned that it buffers and often doesn't connect.

ncruz129
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I use an echo show to stream arlo baby. It started having issues around early May. It currently just buffers for mins to the point I don't even check on it anymore. 

I've had no other issues connecting to arlo baby through other devices.  My ring cameras work fine with the echo show. Everything is working great with the echo show besides this.

R1C8
Tutor
Tutor
I’ve tried to stream with the Echo Show 5 and 8. Neither are working now.
rapowell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Running into the same problem as everyone else.  Clearly something has changed either on the Arlo or Amazon side of things as this used to work.  Everything works perfectly on my iPhone but now none of my Echo devices work.  My Echo Show 2nd gen and Echo Dot hang on the buffering screen and my Echo Show 5 displays the stream for about 10 seconds before going back to the home screen.  All 3 devices used to work.  I also have tried factory resets on all devices, deleting and resetting up the skill and nothing works.  

I will soon be setting up a camera in a second nursery and it looks like I'll have to look at a different product as this is now useless for me and Arlo's complete lack of response or acknowledgement that this is even an issue is customer service at its worst.

myoder
Guide
Guide
I am having this issue with the Echo Show 5 and 8. It worked ok for months but over the last few weeks it will rarely connect. If it does connect the feed only lasts a few seconds maybe 10 seconds max.
myoder
Guide
Guide

Also, the same is happening when attempting to connect to the Arlo camera using the Amazon Fire Stick as well. Only getting a feed for 10 seconds max if it does connect. Seems to be a general issue with Amazon devices. These all worked correctly when these were first set up. Something happened over the last few weeks. I have yet to get any kind of meaningful response from tech support.

gaurav85
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same issue and it started happening a few months back. It was working fine until then. Did anyone else get this to work?

myoder
Guide
Guide

I finally got a response from tech support and they still did not provide any useful information. They asked me if my camera has the latest firmware, and my firmware version is newer than the version that they claimed was the latest version. It seems their tech support has no idea what is going on and no one from Arlo is actually working on fixing the Alexa integration. All I have to say is I'm glad I went with Ring for my doorbell camera. I'll probably be sticking with Ring for my future security cameras because my experience with Arlo has been completely frustrating.

Aloejed
Aspirant
Aspirant
I ask Alexa to show the camera, and after about ten seconds it just returns to the home screen. Between the ten seconds to load the camera and this, it’s essentially useless. I would love some help.
Krisknabel
Initiate
Initiate
I am also experiencing the same issues for about 2 months now. Really frustrating. I’ve tried all sorts of troubleshooting but just can’t seem to get it working.
Dregondru
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here:(
Any updates?
Dregondru
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is not helpful. It seems to be a general issue if you check the number pf people complaining.
Could you provide any answer if Arlo is looking into this?
Dregondru
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi.

I am using Echo show 5 and the stream last maximum 10 seconds
JmP2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im having the exact same issue as everyone above, I purchased an Amazon show 8 with the intention of being able to use it with my baby arlo and have not been able to. I purchased the Show 8 for the reason that I could use it with ALRO which has not been the case. 

monty9119
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same exact issue as everyone. 10 seconds and then a disconnect.
Martay205
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue and really disappointed given the lack of response from arlo.

The problem is clearly detailed in numerous posts (long load times and then stream not staying on the display for very long-max 10 seconds) and until fixed, arlo are perpetrating a fraud against their customers to claim integration with Alexa.

This is a BABY monitor sold as integrating with Alexa devices and it’s no exaggeration to say the failure to interstate so is putting baby’s at risk.

It is negligent to ignore these repeated posts and do nothing to fix the problem.
sw0811
Star
Star

I am also now lacking and delayed tremendously in live feed - this monitor just keeps getting better and better ..... I had to now order a completely different monitor last night because the other night I heard a loud bang and couldn't determine fast enough if it was my son or something he threw. I am completely disappointed in not only the device but the lack of response from Arlo. My original post was posted months ago and still have heard NOTHING from them. I appreciate you all reporting your issues as well in hopes that will help these problems get recognized!

R1C8
Tutor
Tutor
I agree! I think Arlo is an awful company when it comes to customer service since they are completely ignoring all of these people. I’ve posted a review on Amazon so others know it does NOT work with Alexa and are not disappointed and frustrated like we are. I’m SO glad my home security is through Ring and not Arlo. Ring’s customer service is amazing. I’ll be returning my Arlo and getting another Ring for the baby’s room.
rapowell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Clearly Arlo does not review these forums much so our complaints are falling on deaf ears.  What started out as a nice product has gotten so bad it's unusable except on my iPhone. 

R1C8, what Ring are you looking at?  I have a Ring doorbell that works very well and am interested in your choice.

jhd121
Tutor
Tutor

Has everyone on this thread contacted Arlo support directly? US phone number is (408) 638 3750.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

The first time they called, they asked me to contact Amazon Alexa support, which I did, though after factory reseting both devices it still wasn't working and ended with the Amazon rep recommending that I buy a different brand. 

I need to follow up with them again. But if we all create tickets it will likely help resolve it faster than just posting on a forum.

R1C8
Tutor
Tutor
We use Ring for our entire security so we have the doorbell, the alarm system with sensors, a water detector, the backyard spotlight camera and an indoor battery camera. Great experiences with all of them and their customer service!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello community,

We are aware of the reports on this issue. I will be providing an update as soon as possible.